MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new mp9 ez and it seems like it's to weak to feed rounds. I've shot about 600 rounds and 4 different types of ammo. The only ammo that works is Remmington 9mm 115. I've tried monarch, federal and magtech. I have 2 magazines and does it in both. All rounds shot were FMJ. Gets stuck on feed ramp

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a brand-new standard Shield 40 do that. I sent it back and they said they had to replace the extractor and polish the feed ramp. The magazines had nothing to do with it, they didn’t have me send them in with the gun and didn’t send any back with it. I’ve shot it a lot and never had a single issue since I got it back. I think S&W makes a quality product, but like any manufacture they can create a lemon, or something can get past QA. I don’t troubleshoot them, especially a carry gun. They go right back to the factory. I’ve only had to do it twice in over 30 years.

I thought the 9mm would be the fix for all the EZ problems. The .380 is lucky to have enough power to get the bullet out of the barrel, let alone operate a slide of any size. :laughing:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/shipping-returns

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had a brand-new standard Shield 40 do that. I sent it back and they said they had to replace the extractor and polish the feed ramp. The magazines had nothing to do with it, they didn’t have me send them in with the gun and didn’t send any back with it. I’ve shot it a lot and never had a single issue since I got it back. I think S&W makes a quality product, but like any manufacture they can create a lemon, or something can get past QA. I don’t troubleshoot them, especially a carry gun. They go right back to the factory. I’ve only had to do it twice in over 30 years.

I thought the 9mm would be the fix for all the EZ problems. The .380 is lucky to have enough power to get the bullet out of the barrel, let alone operate a slide of any size. :laughing:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/shipping-returns

Looking at what the .380 EZ loaded with HST micro does to a treated 4x4 at 10 yards I have to completely disagree with you. And between 600-700 rounds in and the thing has never failed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looking at what the .380 EZ loaded with HST micro does to a treated 4x4 at 10 yards I have to completely disagree with you. And between 600-700 rounds in and the thing has never failed.
What are you disagreeing with? Are you saying because you have a few hundred rounds through yours; he shouldn’t send his gun back to be fixed?

·
Registered
388 Posts
What are you disagreeing with? Are you saying because you have a few hundred rounds through yours; he shouldn’t send his gun back to be fixed?

I'm not responding to him at all dude or I would have quoted him. Do you not know what you posted? I mean I quoted it.

"The .380 is lucky to have enough power to get the bullet out of the barrel, let alone operate a slide of any size. " - ToolMaker

·
Registered
402 Posts
First of all I'm not going to get into a handgun caliber debate again.

The thing that intrigues me is the round in the pictures.
What monarch, federal or magtech round in FMJ comes nickel plated?
I know Remington used to make one years back but the OP says that is the only round that is reliable.
Monarch is PPU, Federal Champion is iffy and Magtech is just OK.
Monarch and Federal Champion use plated bullets.
My first question is: What manufacturer made the round in the pictures?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would definitely contact Smith & Wesson. My Shield 9 EZ has not experienced any feed failures, with 6 different brands/types of ammo. I did get a bad magazine with the pistol which customer service had me return for replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the Same Problem

Picked my new gun up last Friday. Having the same FTF problem as the OP. Two hundred rounds of 115gr WWB.:no

Hope to try some Federal FMJ in the next few days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a new mp9 ez and it seems like it's to weak to feed rounds. I've shot about 600 rounds and 4 different types of ammo. The only ammo that works is Remmington 9mm 115. I've tried monarch, federal and magtech. I have 2 magazines and does it in both. All rounds shot were FMJ. Gets stuck on feed ramp
Update please? Just bought one and am having the same issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only issue mine has had is with TulAmmo or Wolf and that is a failure to feed 3 or so rds. per mag. nose getting stuck on the feed ramp. Bump slide and it goes in battery. It runs cci aluminum and brass fine plus Hornady CD 135 and American Gunner 124 without issue.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I have another thread on this with same issue on my 9EZ. I just sent to S&W a few days ago. Here is part of what I sent in my letter.

"Rounds will not chamber. Jam before entering the feed ramp. Then the slide locks back. I can smack up on the bottom of the magazine and it then loads the round. Happens on all my standard 9mm EZ magazines.

Ammo Used:

Winchester USA Ready 9mm Luger 115 Grain Flat Nose FMJ. Red Box

Winchester 9mm 146 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Part# ZQ4429

About 200 rounds shot"

Seems for me it is higher grain and blunt nose rounds.

I have some medical procedures coming up. But, will keep an eye out here and post on what S&W does and the result when I visit the range again.

I did find and buy some Hornady Critical Defense 115g rounds. Would like to use higher grain for home defense if possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts