MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why there's a hole in the grip? I thought there was to be some kind of tool inside. Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do you mean in the 7 rd magazine?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Are you talking about the access hole in the floorplate to release the floorplate catch?
Why would you fill that with a permanent plug like another thread suggests?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think he means the hollow backstrap. That's where you put your rolled up $100 dollar bill for burial money. Seal it with a wad o' tobacco.:ninja:

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
The hole between the magazine well and the backstrap allows the backstrap to be whatever size and shape the designers desire, without concerning themselves with the excruciatingly square shape of the magazine's backside. Filling the hole would add a good 10-15% to the frame's weight, without making it any stronger, which is not one of the Shield's design goals.

I guess the 40 does not have a hole..
Which would tend to make the 40 frame different than the 9mm frame, which it isn't.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No need to fill it with material, that would just make the gun heavier. There are other cavities which you don't see.

Sent from the county jail.

·
Registered
105 Posts
NDZ Performance makes a pretty cool extended magazine floor plate for the 7-round magazine that covers the hole and has a "pinky rest", too, if you want to spend the money.....

Shield Extended Magazine Plates

1 - 9 of 9 Posts