MP-Pistol Forum banner

MP9C Shooting Left of Point of aim

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mondonico 
#1 ·
Just took my MP9C to the range. I had the small grip on it because that'w what my wifes MP9 had on it and I shoot that one really well. It seems as though I was consistantly left of target with the 9C. I wish that I had brought the other grips with me because I have a feeling that some of the problem may be that I should be using a bigger grip. Any thoughts on this?

I'm used to shooting a USP45 which I sold to get the MP9C so I guess I should change my sign on name!

#2 ·
Give it a chance to get broke in. This is a very typical report the first couple of times out. Once the gun starts to loosen up a little, and you start to get use to the gun, your accuracy will most likely dramatically improve. Enjoy!

#3 ·
Couple of thoughts for you..

#1- Yes, change your display name to M&P9C's are awesome or somthing like that...hahaha

#2- Check to make sure you have enough trigger finger on your trigger. Then, after checking it and you fire another hundred or so rounds and you are still pulling the shots to the left, tap your rear site over to the right-like I did. Sites are well regulated now.

I'm assuming the elevation is not a problem?

#4 ·
Elevation is fine, and the groups were good. Just left. I was really being carefule to squeeze and not jerk the trigger. I didn't see where the rear sight was adjustable? I'll take another look.

I'll report back after tomorrow night range visit. I'm going to bring all three grips to see if that helps at all.

Vic

#7 ·
I finally got around to trying the extra grips, and found that the largest one helped pull my groups up and right. I have a real "seven o'clock push" tendency until I really work on using my fingertip more, and the first joint of my finger less. Deepening/widening the grip helps me a lot.

#8 ·
DSHIDS said:
Give it a chance to get broke in. This is a very typical report the first couple of times out. Once the gun starts to loosen up a little, and you start to get use to the gun, your accuracy will most likely dramatically improve. Enjoy!

That's exactly what happened to me. First day out--groups seemed consistently down 2-3" and left 1-2". 2d time out, 2" low, centered. 3d time out, about 1" low, centered. (I'm closing in on it!) In my case, it's ALL operator error.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.