MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newly registered to the forum but have read and followed the discussions as a guest for some time. I signed in and am posting to bring to member's attention a serious yet easily prevented potential and as yet (I believe) unreported problem. After putting a small number of rounds through a new, cleaned and lubed MP9c, I unloaded and sat down on the porch to dryfire and finger my newest toy. On the second "snap", the trigger died. No reset, no snap. Opening the piece up I found the sear lifeless with no spring tension returning it to its proper orientation. The problem was found in the sear plunger/sear spring hole. A slight gouge in the side of the sear spring hole (under the sear and home to the sear spring and plunger) possibly combined with a bit of manufacturing debris, trapped the sear plunger with the spring compressed. This prevented the spring/plunger from properly tensioning the sear and resulted in a failure of the trigger to reset. The solution was to disassemble the rear block, flush then work the plunger free with a pick, clean up the hole then reassemble. My suggestion for preventative maintenance is to occasionally flush under the sear with a cleaner like Gun Scrubber. Regards, R

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Duvroc, it could have been skin from your hands flaking off. They are rebeling. They have not held anything but a glock you know.

Just jerking your chain but the glock thing is true.

I have not had this but I try to system check every gun I get in. Good heads up though. That spring a scary small but it seems to do well. I would say it was manufacturing crud.

Keep us up to date after some more rounds down range.

CHECK 360 David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts