MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing a lot of MPL 9c's Mine is MPL73** I am wondering how many have had mag drop issue and what the general census is I hope I have escaped this issue not once but twice :wink: thanks in adavance-Jason

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx all

It looks like I may have escaped the dreaded mag drop issue thanx for your input 8)

·
Registered
638 Posts
MPLxxx on my 9c. My gun had to go back to S&W. The slightest engagement of the mag catch button would release the mag. Very disappointing particularly in a gun that was purchased for carry. Also, it is a problem that doesn't always show up right away since it involves what appears to be a gradual wearing away of the mag catch.. Some have reported dropped mags/weak mag release button at 100 rounds, 300 rounds, in excess of a thousand rounds, etc. As such, it's something you have to keep a close eye on. The factory recognizes they have a problem and is trying to come up with a fix. Suffice to say if you are having a problem with dropped mags, you are not alone Let S&W deal with it. They will.

·
Registered
81 Posts
MPLxxxx

No problems yet but still under 300rds.

Mix of WWB, Blazer FP and Gold Dot.

So far very pleased with pistol !!!

nunnya

·
Registered
638 Posts
My problem really became noticeable after 600 rounds. My mags never dropped while firing because I am LH and I think a LH grip prevents it from happening (if the mag release button is installed for RH use). However, the slightest engagement on the mag button would drop the mag.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another lefty

I am also a lefty and b4 I started my 150+ dry firing i switched to a lefty but my concern is how sticky it is!!!! I do not remember my full size .40 MPA17** having that issue so I might be a victim i just have to bring it to the range and test it out did anyone else have a real sticky mag release and no mag drops??? thanks again_Jason

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seems like it should be an easy fix.

It's hard to understand why this is such a problem for S&W.

Then again what do I know?

nunnya

Do they all do it eventually?

·
Registered
12 Posts
MPL51XX. Total of 8 issues. Called S&W, they promptly emailed UPS next day air label, shipped to them. 2 weeks later as of yesterday, received gun, same next day air.

S&W replaced barrel, slide stop, and mag release. They also did a complete update of the pistol, inspected/tested.

S&W service is top notch. I will test-fire it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
saigonsmuggler said:
MPL51XX. Total of 8 issues. Called S&W, they promptly emailed UPS next day air label, shipped to them. 2 weeks later as of yesterday, received gun, same next day air.

S&W replaced barrel, slide stop, and mag release. They also did a complete update of the pistol, inspected/tested.

S&W service is top notch. I will test-fire it this weekend.

If you dont mind me asking what issues did you have if you do not want to announce could you please pm me thanx-Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the mag drop issue, pitted bore, slide locking back with one round, difficulty ejecting a love round, FTF's, FTE's, stripped frame tool.

S&W took care of it all. Nice folks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
MPL7XXX - 700 rounds

Sending Back to S&W today. Occasionally the slide will lock back with 1 round stilll in the mag.

The pin behind the take-down lever is "walking out". The mags have dropped 2 times with out pressing the mag release.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts