MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of the target.

During this target, some brass shot back and fell into my safety glasses on my right eye. I quickly tilted my head toward the floor and with my non-gun-holding hand, shook it out. When I took my stance again, I noticed I had unknowingly taken my finger out from the trigger guard and had rested it against the side of the gun in my 'ready position'. That's pretty comforting! But don't worry, I'm not getting comfortable! The flier in the 6 ring was the one right after that! >nerves of rubber<

·
Registered
231 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still sticking around at The Marksman. I'm very happy with this range!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Will have to meet you out there sometime. That range has the areas lowest range rates.

I did the trigger work on mine. Put on some new Novak sights with a fiber optic front and still need to test it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're starting their Tuesday Night League again, every Tuesday from 8 - 10ish. It's $7 for each time you go in (you get one target). Take 60 rounds and two magazines. They have 5 phases, 12 rounds each phase, 6 rounds in each magazine. You'll get 20 - 25 seconds to fire 6 rounds, reload, fire 6 rounds. They tell you to have the target at either 21 feet or 50 feet, and they'll tel you to fire dominant supported or unsupported, nondominant supported or unsupported, in any sequence they set up. There's always room for more shooters...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice shooting!

This range runs IDPA matches?? In Akron?? Could you please give me range & match info and a phone number? I would LOVE an IDPA match that close to me! 8)

Thank you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, no, no, they don't shoot IDPA matches. The League shooting I'm describing is more comparable to a bowling league, only we're shooting bullets at a paper tartget instead of throwing a bowling ball at some pins. Sorry for any misleading comments... The range is on Barber Rd. right next to the highway in Norton/Barberton. Their website is www.akrongunrange.com.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts