MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am talking to father-in-law the other day and mention that with winter coming, I have been looking for a good entrenching tool to keep in my truck.
He takes me down to his workshop and hands me this saying "here you go".

Gotta love the man.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Sounds like a great relationship. Will he help hide the bodies as well? :lol:

I'd squirrel that one away and buy something less collectable to use.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Our buddy Gaston started out making shovels, many of Glock's early patents were for e-tools. Of course we're all familiar with thier 17th patent and all the subsequent pistols which retain a similar level of simplicity, reliability, and fitness for a particular purpose.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'd squirrel that one away and buy something less collectable to use.
Those things were built to last forever and there are TONS of them still around. Military surplus has the best of them. Standard issue tactical gear for every "Dogface & Grunt" since WWI. I don't know when the pick was added but comes in handy in hard soil.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Those things were built to last forever and there are TONS of them still around. Military surplus has the best of them. Standard issue tactical gear for every "Dogface & Grunt" since WWI. I don't know when the pick was added but comes in handy in hard soil.
Having the original owners story and name to go with it on a document could give all kinds of value to people who like to collect those sort of things, I'm just saying. ;)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not know where he got it. I know he and my MiL ran an antique business for awhile so who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts