MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interesting vid. Makes some good points and illustrates well what one should know about this firearm.

Reactions: One1

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve got one of every M&P semiauto and all require me to change my shooting style to shoot them well, but this one was on a whole new level. The smaller size needed a lighter trigger, but Smith went with one of the heaviest they sell.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I’ve got one of every M&P semiauto and all require me to change my shooting style to shoot them well, but this one was on a whole new level. The smaller size needed a lighter trigger, but Smith went with one of the heaviest they sell.
That’s for damn sure!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked into triggers, springs, too much balance would be upset by changing them without changing the recoil system and unfortunately the BodyGuard already has gone through a spring change by Smith thanks to all the stovepipe issues of the 1st gen BodyGuard and changing anything is just going to bring those issues back. Why? Another thing Smith has the most of.... not only is the BodyGuard the heaviest trigger, it’s also the steepest feed ramp (nearly vertical). So unless you get a perfect balance........FTF, stove pipes..... useless. I think because the BodyGuard only works one way it is a failure that Smith put out because they wanted the pocket 380 market, but to make it the way they wanted to it could only be one way. They could have changed the dimensions and made the ramp less steep, or changed the trigger if the ramp wasn’t as steep needing a recoil system with a 12 lb trigger involvement. They didn’t so....... this is only the second disappointing M&P I own - beside the 1.0 M&P 45 extended slide which has the trigger of a potato.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems. My bone stock M&P Bodyguard 380 is now 5 years old and I've yet to experience a problem. The trigger was heavy at first but lightened up some after about 1000 rounds. My M&P Shield 1.0 9mm evolved the same way. Maybe a little polishing might help. I guess I got lucky!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts