MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my first AR. I got a DSA complete lower off gunbroker for $250 shipped and transferred, about 4 months ago (after you guys said it was a good lower). I got a GG&G complete, bolted upper off gunbroker for $715 shipped, last week. The lower build kit is DPSM, and the bolt group is RRA. I think I did ok, and I'm very happy with this gun.

I have 1 other question: I want to buy a stripped lower. I want to get a Bushmaster because I'm originally from Maine, and I like to support Maine business. I've read a lot about how Bushmasters suck, but it seems to be directed at BM's components. Does Bushmaster make a good lower? Which model should I get? Should I forget about Bushmaster and just go with another DSA, or a Stag, or a RRA, etc.? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Looks outstanding...

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Looks great!

Does Bushmaster make a good lower? Which model should I get? Should I forget about Bushmaster and just go with another DSA, or a Stag, or a RRA, etc.? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure Bushmaster doesn't make their own lower receivers, they are probably like most other companies that buy their receivers from sub contractors. RRA as an example buys their lower receivers from Continental Machine & Tool, and Stag Arms is a spin off from Continental, the son of the owner of CMT started Stag so he could sell left handed AR's, which took off like hotcakes, and now Stag is pretty much a major player in the AR market, both regular ARs and their exclusive left handed version.

·
Registered
52 Posts
bobbthompson said:

This is my first AR. I got a DSA complete lower off gunbroker for $250 shipped and transferred, about 4 months ago (after you guys said it was a good lower). I got a GG&G complete, bolted upper off gunbroker for $715 shipped, last week. The lower build kit is DPSM, and the bolt group is RRA. I think I did ok, and I'm very happy with this gun.

I have 1 other question: I want to buy a stripped lower. I want to get a Bushmaster because I'm originally from Maine, and I like to support Maine business. I've read a lot about how Bushmasters suck, but it seems to be directed at BM's components. Does Bushmaster make a good lower? Which model should I get? Should I forget about Bushmaster and just go with another DSA, or a Stag, or a RRA, etc.? Thanks.

I have not heard of or had any issues with BM lowers. Try posting the Q at www.ar15.com and see what they say.

EDIT sp

·
Registered
648 Posts
I really wouldn't have any concerns about a BM lower. Their barrels and BCG's scare me though.

C4

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
So what goodies are you planning for for optics and such?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of an eotech, but I could almost get an M&Pc for the same $.

What do you recommend?

·
Registered
648 Posts
bobbthompson said:
I was thinking of an eotech, but I could almost get an M&Pc for the same $.

What do you recommend?

EOTech is an excellent choice. Shoot me an e-mail as I might be able to help on price.

C4

·
Registered
100 Posts
nice build. I really like the 'flat top' style you have going on like the 15t. Looks good.

Whats a good price on EOTechs? (like buy it on the spot good 8) )

·
Registered
648 Posts
chilewhat said:
nice build. I really like the 'flat top' style you have going on like the 15t. Looks good.

Whats a good price on EOTechs? (like buy it on the spot good 8) )

We offer forum members discounts on EOTech's. Drop us a line for prices.

C4

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I am waiting on my Trijicon ACOG, which is what I support... but EOTech is very nice as well and I would like to have an EOTech setup for another AR I may build in the future.

If you're getting a stripped lower, what does it matter whose stamp is on the side, especially since, like G56 said, they're usually made by the same people? You can put you're own parts on the inside so the concerns over BM isn't a big one; a stripped lower is just a stamped and formed piece of metal that works better as a club then as a gun ;D.

Anyways, go with Grant, he is a great guy and knows what he is talking about.

Also, is it a 5.56/.223 upper or something else...? Or is it 6.5, 6.8, 300 whisper, .22, or any of ther other possible selections?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts