MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot match at Beallsville Sportsmen Club in Beallsville, OH this past Sunday - matches year round first Sunday of the month. First time there - bit of a drive for me but had a great time and well worth the trip. http://www.beallsvillesportsmansclub.blogspot.com/ Yes this was outdoors - fun in the mud.

4 stages and I did 2 go rounds with the M&P then 1 with my Glock 34 which I've been shooting since the year Glock introduced the 34. I'm a bit more accurate so far with the Glock but so far not a whole lot of difference between I'm pleased to say between the M&P and the Glock for me.

I was shooting Winchester White Box. Only one problem with the M&P - I had a jam at the very end of the reshoot on a swinger. It may have been a failure to extract as posted on other forums posted, but since I was trying to clear in a hurry I didn't take note. What I ended up with was a partially seated round in chamber that was a bit difficult to clear. Since I already had 1 shot on the swinger there was no use time wise after clearing to take a 2nd shot. Down -5.

My 34 doesn't exactly like Whitebox, lately I always have failures to go bang with the Glock. Besides the 1 problem between a practice session Thursday and the Sunday match the M&P flawlessly fired around 150 rounds of White Box and another 100 rounds of Remington UMC. Sure eniough in a reshoot the Glock had two failures to go bang on White Box.

For the hell of it here's what the stages looked like for me. I'm just an average shooter in IDPA shooting MM class.

M&P

Stage Points Down Time

1 0 17.31

2 4 30.29

3 7 12.69

4 3 25.91 1 Hit Non-Threat in front of swinger (actually nailed him twice)

M&P Reshoot

1 0 14.39

2 7 26.50

3 10 11.01

4 9 20.91 Jam after 1st shot on swinger which was last target

Glock 34

1 2 12.70

2 1 27.37

3 1 15.08

4 7 26.70

Well God willing and the creeks don't rise looks like 2007 will be a fun year with my new M&P. BTW, this was my first match after the great Burwell trigger job and install of FO sight. I shot one match before Dan did his magic.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Many people are having problems with WWB right now. For matches you might want to try something else.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually have UMC since my Glock doesn't like WWB

YukonGlocker said:
Many people are having problems with WWB right now. For matches you might want to try something else.

But this time the WWB was the only ammo in stock at decent price. Ammo sure got pricy in '06!

I ususally only shoot local matches so I'm not too concerned if a jam or a failure to go bang costs me some time. I'm just there to shoot and have fun. Course I hate it when the other ladies beat me unless I know they are really much better than me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've never owned a glock that did like WWB - For factory stuff I've had better luck with Remington UMC, Federal American Eagle, and Blazer. I have a G17 that will consistently group under 4.5" at 50 yards with both blazer and American Eagle 115gr. YMMV of course...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have had no issues with WWB in Glocks, Sigs, M&P or 1911's. Lately I've been shooting more Blazer brass though. For competition I use Federal American Eagle because it's a little higher quality than the other stuff.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Last week at IDPA, I took 2 boxes of WWB 40cal with me, but ended up buying a box of Blazer Aluminum case there, since they had it. It was the first of the aluminum blazer I've put through it and I had no malfs at all. My 40 seems to love CCI. Sounds like fun in the mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts