MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by Guns Fishing & Other Stuff in Vacaville on my lunch hour to try out the M&P9 and came away extremely impressed with it. This was only my second time ever shooting a gun, the first was two days beforehand when I shot my dad's S&W 909. The groupings I ended up with using that gun were definitely humbling, I thought I was a much better shooter than that and the M&P9 proved me to be right. I shot 50 rounds that day, and since the mag held 10 rounds I decided I'd focus on a number on the target and empty each mag on that number trying to get all the hits as close as possible. I ended up walking out of there with 5 groupings on my target that could each be covered by a grapefruit.

I got my pride back.

Judging from that, and the significantly less recoil vs. my dad's 909, I think the M&P9 will be my first gun purchase.

There were some things I didn't like about it though........

The grip: OTB it's horrible, the plastic leaves much to be desired

The rear sight: It had dots on it but they weren't painted, took some getting used to.

The trigger: feeling constant pressure from beginning to end was weird, it was like shooting a single action revolver.

However, those aren't deal breakers as I've found out I can get Shark Skin grips and a trigger job from Dan Burwell, and I can upgrade the sights as well.

So at the end of the day, I walked away with my pride intact and a gun that now tops my list of must haves.

·
Registered
380 Posts
my 9,

keep in mind that you arent used to this gun. once you get one, and you spend a couple of sessions with it... some of your complaints will go away as you adjust to the weapon.

definately go get one...

·
Registered
280 Posts
To each his own. I think that you'll get used to the M&P in time and grow to really appreciate the ergonomics of it, compared to just about any other pistol on the market. Mr. Burwell's grip enhancements could definitely do you some good, if you find it a bit slippery. He's got plenty of customers on this forum who are 100% satisfied with his work, I think you might find the same satisfaction.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
f-bomb said:
my 9, definately go get one...
It's the gun by which all others are being measured in my ongoing search.

Onuma said:
To each his own. I think that you'll get used to the M&P in time and grow to really appreciate the ergonomics of it, compared to just about any other pistol on the market. Mr. Burwell's grip enhancements could definitely do you some good, if you find it a bit slippery. He's got plenty of customers on this forum who are 100% satisfied with his work, I think you might find the same satisfaction.
If I end up with this gun, Mr. Burwell will see it before the range ever does!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts