MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M&P40 fullsize. I've had my MP for a little over a month now and taken it to the range 4 times. I notice my front sight keeps jogging to the left. knocked it back in place twice already. Is there an easy way to stop this or do I have to purchase a new front sight. Sending it to S&W is not an option. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Smith and Wesson guarantees their work so you could send it to them and they would most likely repair it for free or you could put a couple drops of red loctite were the site rests on the dovetail or you could drill and stake it with a roll pin or both. You could remove the sight from left to right and ruff up the area where this site usually sits and then re install the sight. I would recommend you send it back to Smith and Wesson or a competent gunsmith in your area.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There Loctite should work for you. I had a 10/22 the front site would fall out. Used loctite and have never had the issue again.

Hub

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'd say thats a good excuse to buy a fiber optic or tritium front sight!!

Yes, you can also remove the sight, use a punch to make a "crater" under the sight, and reinstall.

Locktite works well also.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(I'd say thats a good excuse to buy a fiber optic or tritium front sight!! )

I really like this idea. I am not familiar with eigther one so I really don't know which one to go with. This is the first handgun I have ever owned.

Thanks Boom, Hub,& Jester

1 - 5 of 5 Posts