MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 600 rounds my 'left & low' is moving in the right direction. Going from about 80% of my shots being L&L to about 30% of my shots. When I first started with this M&P, my L&L POI was about 7-8'' from POA and now it's about 3-4'' at 25'. It was quite eye opening for me to see the difference that trigger control can make.

Like the man said. Practice. Practice. Practice. I guess 15.72 cents/bang is a small price to pay for fun.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
keep it up bro...

·
Registered
48 Posts
May I suggest a diagnostic tool for you? Put a dummy round or snap cap mixed in with a magazine of rounds. When you squeeze the trigger on the dummy, if you don't know when it will come up, you will see if you are flinching or not. Another aproach is to have a range partner load or unload the pistol when you aren't looking. Then when you squeeze the trigger if there's no round in the chamber the flinch is again quite visible. Just a thought.

M_P

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you bench rested the gun with sandbags to see where it's really shooting? My MP 9 was shooting about 6" low at 15yds. I tried to "shoot it out" as well, up to about 400 rounds before I finally put it on the bench and slow fired groups, along with a friend. We both confirmed the group was good but was in fact 6" low. I sent the pistol back to the factory and they tested it and replaced the front sight.

·
Registered
96 Posts
+1

Bench rest the gun. Approximately 7 yards from the target. Rest the bottom of the grip on a sandbag or similar to hold it steady. Squeeze it off very slowly while concentrating on the sight picture. Let a friend shoot it as well to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
choochboost said:
Are you sure it's not just the sights? :twisted:

choochnboost is right. It's a known fact that the more you practice, the more your sights shift up and to the right when you're not around.

MP9 said:
I guess 15.72 cents/bang is a small price to pay for fun.

I nominate that for the funniest line of the day ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts