MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got back from the range earlier and finished cleaning guns so I figured now was a good time to post my latest impressions with my M&P .40 fullsize.

I have already established that the M&P provides better ergonomics for me than any other pistol I've owned or fired.

Todays range session involved several pistols so I limited my use of the M&P to only 200 rounds (Bringing this pistol to a total of exactly 2000 rounds) of 165 grain FMJ range loads. All shooting was done from the 7-15 yard range indoors.

I have previously fired my .40 M&P on sessions when I took my .45's or 10mm's along too but today I took only 9mm weapons aside from the M&P. I already knew that the M&P was a soft-shooting .40, but didn't really appreciate it until today. My wife went along with me and we were both amazed at the fact that the M&P .40 exhibited noticably less felt recoil than even my G19.

Accuracy was on par with what I had seen so far in that the M&P seemed to fire better groups than my Glocks when fired by both myself and my wife. I couldn't be more impressed with this gun's accuracy.

I experienced zero malfunctions (and have experienced none to date) with the M&P, although 2 rounds did eject the empty brass directly back at my head. This was the first time I had experience this with the M&P and I therefore appologize to the folks I called liars when they reported the same. I'm not too concerned with it though as it was only 2 rounds out of 2,000 fired through this gun and it straightened out after those two.

When cleaning the gun, I noticed no unusual wear and the gun appears nearly like new after some BreakFree CLP treatment, and a few minutes worth of cleaning time.

The only gripe I have with the M&P so far, is that the trigger reset is not very pronounced and although it causes me no problems... It still irritates me slightly. I will say though that my wife's model 5903 has the same non-existant trigger reset so, perhaps it's just the way S&W builds their pistols. No big deal.

All in all, it was a good day, and I continue to be more and more impressed with the Smith & Wesson M&P. I think at this point I may set up a date to qualify with it as an off-duty weapon and let my G19 take a rest for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
with the good review you have there deputy617, i'm now very excited to have my M&P40 in my possession. I just hope it will arrive before christmas.. 8)

meanwhile, i still have my g19 as my nightstand piece..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts