MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video of me @ the Pasadena Gun Center today with my working M&P 45 and my AR. Sorry that the video is kinda blurry (poor lighting) and it is choppy at some points from me cutting out most of the blurryness.

Anyways... here it is! http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/Gr...nt=GunRange.flv

p.s. my shooting is only this bad when I have a fiancee-beast trying to stand next to me while shooting so she can get a good look at the target... I was standing almost completely sideways and shooting down my left shoulder (i'm right handed). So, yea, I know my grouping is horrific.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Real nicle looking AR What platform??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
101Combat Vet said:
Real nicle looking AR What platform??

Thanks

RRA lower and 20" .223 bull barrel with a free floating alluminum handguard.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Great video...

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Yeah, don't they ever clean that place? It looks like a pig sty with all that trash on the floor!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G56 said:
Yeah, don't they ever clean that place? It looks like a pig sty with all that trash on the floor!

Not that i've seen... the place has marble flooring, to, LOL.

It was a movie theater in the 50s (which is what you're shooting in... the actual theater room) and now it is a shooting range and gun store. Ventilation is a tad on the bad side, but I like the smell. If you could see the place, you'd know why the video was so bad... the stalls are 3'x3' (on the optimistic side) with a walkway a tad less then 3' wide. You have one light in your stall and I think a couple down range, but depending on where the target is, the shadows will either black most of it out, or make it really bright. If I had been shooting normally, you would have just seen my back (and apparently my bald spot... didn't know it was that big
), but at least the t-shirt had something good to say (The future belongs to those who are still willing to get their hands dirty). Later on, I started slipping on the rounds on the floor (I wear sandals that are pretty worn out) and my shot placement got a little wild. When I get my Swiss K31 in, i'll take it to the outdoor range in Texas City with my AR15, M&P, 44 magnum, 357 magnum, and possibly some of my other guns... but they charge $6 a person or gun, whichever is greater. At least PGC (the place in the video) is a flat $7.50 per person regardless of anything else... and with the weather we've had here, it hasn't been worth it to go to the outdoor ranges. I should get my K31 in next week (hopefully), and then i'm going to order an M91/30 Mosin-Nagant... so I might just get a video of my old guns in action. We'll see

ETA: As an interesting funny side-note, the target I shot to the floor with my AR about 2 weeks ago is still there on the floor... I didn't get it in the video b/c it was in an occupied lane. ARs indoors = lots of force and really make those targets sway in the air.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
It was a movie theater in the 50s

AHA! I thought I saw popcorn boxes on the floor!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts