MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this gun last week, I have already fired both the 9mm and the .40cal version and this gun convinced me to buy it. I also had a gunsmith take his apart and show me the internals, I like the idea of the steel body pinned inside of the frame and felt the slide surface had more contact surface than the glock. Plus the easy change grips means both my wife and I can shoot this gun.

Two things I find annoying by this design is the struggle it is to pull the tool out of the grip, I swear there is a little gremlin holding on in there! The second is the internal lock, this is not common on the M&P’s up here and mine was the first I have seen with it. There is no indicator to show if the gun is locked on unlocked, so you have to put a mag in and pull the trigger to be sure. They should make a second peep hole where a red flag can be seen indicating the gun is locked or similar.

Took my M&P 9mm out on the range this last weekend I must say that I am pleased with this little puppy! It has a really nice feel to it for pointing, shooting and recoil, in fact the recoil is quite pleasant, I think S&W got the right combo of spring type, weight and slide weight to make a nice soft shooting gun. The general fit and finish is excellent, although it would be nice if they could deal with the frame droop at the dustcover/rails, that would require a major redesign of the mould I suspect.

I fed the gun a variety of ammo, 124gr reloads cast and FMJ, fiochi 115gr, Win clean 124gr and Remington 115gr JHP. The gun choked on the 3rd round I fed it, a reload and I suspect the problem was the ammo not the gun. I had lubed the gun up prior to shooting with some oil and a touch of Moly grease on the rails. The gun is quite accurate and shot point of aim right out of the box.

As I said I am very pleased with this gun and it will make a nice shooter for my wife and beginners. I also purchased the Blackhawk Serpa holster for it and a MX-3 light. The holster is a nice match to this gun both in looks and use. The MX-3 lights fits nicely, is easy to use and comes off easily also. I wouldn’t give up my Sig 226ST for this, but I won’t be giving this gun up either! I highly recommend this gun for anyone. Another plus is the level of customer service, generally we find that the concept of customer service ends at the border, however I have noticed a number of Canadian comment on being pleased with S&W customer care. Now if they could only teach Sig how to handle customers North of the border I would be grateful.

I give this gun an 8 out of 10, one point lost for the frame droop and one point reserved as this gun has only shot 200 rds so far. I hope this helps someone decide. cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture, had to put it in a another message as I only had one other post so far.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The tool will get easy to take out once you have removed a couple times. I use the flat part of the mag base pad to turn it, works easy! My M&P doesn't have the lock, so I can't help you there. I love my 40 and have had no problems at all!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts