MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the recall from Blackhawk I am unable to carry my M&P without 2nd thoughts, so I will be carrying my G22 till I get a replacement holster from Blackhawk I just got brand new Triijon NS installed. My Glock now luminates as much as my M&P, and since the Glock uses the same holster no added expense looking for a holster. :wink:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I tried to duplicate the malfunction Blackhawk was concerned about. it took me a Good 5-6 minutes to get the wall of the holster in such a position as to hit the trigger. There's no way that I could get it to do that without some Serioiusly Poor gun handling skills. Please give it a try for yourself before relegating the M&P to secondary status.

I might yet take advantage of the recall, but I'm entirely satisfied with the safety of my CQC as it is.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fallschirmjäger said:
I tried to duplicate the malfunction Blackhawk was concerned about. it took me a Good 5-6 minutes to get the wall of the holster in such a position as to hit the trigger. There's no way that I could get it to do that without some Serioiusly Poor gun handling skills. Please give it a try for yourself before relegating the M&P to secondary status.

I might yet take advantage of the recall, but I'm entirely satisfied with the safety of my CQC as it is.
It's not gonna' be a problem Blackhawk is gonna' send me an upgraded holster for my M&P which also fits my Glock. I just spent $130 on night sights for my G22 I need to justify the expense, carring it for 2 months or so will do that. I too tried to duplicate the malfunction but was unable to do so.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hondov65 said:
[quote name='Fallschirmjäger']I tried to duplicate the malfunction Blackhawk was concerned about. it took me a Good 5-6 minutes to get the wall of the holster in such a position as to hit the trigger. There's no way that I could get it to do that without some Serioiusly Poor gun handling skills. Please give it a try for yourself before relegating the M&P to secondary status.

It's not gonna' be a problem Blackhawk is gonna' send me an upgraded holster for my M&P which also fits my Glock. I just spent $130 on night sights for my G22 I need to justify the expense, carring it for 2 months or so will do that. I too tried to duplicate the malfunction but was unable to do so.[/quote]I called Blackhawk today, to find out when the shipments were going to be going out on the new and improved SERPA Holsters. (Recalled Editions) They told me the 1st should should be going out no later than Jan 28,2008. They are going out UPS Ground I live in Raleigh NC they inform me I should have mine by the end of next week. (Fortunately I will be going out of town from 2/3/08 - 3/8/08 I finally got a job (out of work since 9/11/07) I will be traing to drive a Trailways Bus) I canceled my holster order till I return. Everyone enjoy your new holsters. My carry weapon since then has been my G22. I just installed CTC Grips on it, and when I get my Holster I will be installing CTC grips on it. Crimson Trace Lasers are nice but it lets you know how shaky your hand really is. (Gotta' work on that)

·
Registered
163 Posts
It would seem what happened with the M&P in the BlackHawk holster, could also happen to the Glock. What would be different?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TAC said:
It would seem what happened with the M&P in the BlackHawk holster, could also happen to the Glock. What would be different?
My only guess would be the trigger saftey on the trigger that doesn't allow the trigger to be compressed without activating this lever first. Anyhow, Blackhawk said it would be OK to use this holster with my Glock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts