MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I broke it down, sliding the barrel out was a little hard. it would catch right where the round peep hole was. i had to wiggle it quite a bit to get it out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the same problem. I fight and fight with it and then it will just suddenly hit the exactly correct angle and fall smoothly right out of the slide.
So I know it is just me and not the gun. Kind of like that secret voodoo magic required to get a 1911's slide release back in just right during reassembly.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
snscott said:
secret voodoo magic

Yeah, I call it luck.

Some of us are just luckier than others :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
snscott said:
I have the same problem. I fight and fight with it and then it will just suddenly hit the exactly correct angle and fall smoothly right out of the slide.
So I know it is just me and not the gun. Kind of like that secret voodoo magic required to get a 1911's slide release back in just right during reassembly.

Same here, but it loosened with time.

I chalk it up to too tight of tolerances, but maybe that is why it is one of my most accurate handguns (second only to my S&W99).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was at a local sporting goods the other day and a S&W rep was there showing the M&P. It took him several minutes to jiggle the barrel out of the slide. I just got a M&P 9 yesterday, the barrel comes right out no problem. Go figure.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine has always slipped right out. Now I'm begining to worry that I may have a problem with mine!

Does it matter if it comes out easily?

I had to ask!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok, Now I am wondering also. Should these be tight or loose? or is it random? IIRC, the S&W rep seemed not totally surprised to have trouble getting the barrel out. Anyone have the straight scoop on this?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Every M&P I have disassembled, the barrel has come out easily. I must also add that every M&P I have fired has performed flawlessly. I would presume that it is just something that happens during assembly but is not due to any true difference.

·
Registered
215 Posts
cet said:
Mine has always slipped right out. Now I'm begining to worry that I may have a problem with mine!

Does it matter if it comes out easily?

I had to ask!

They say size DOES matter.

·
Registered
372 Posts
This sounds like it is just a tolerance issue. If you have a barrel with an outside diamater toward the large side of the tolerance and the inside slide dimension toward the low side of the tolerance, it will be more difficult to get out. The proof is in the pudding.

MI_Jester

*url is simply to satisfy my geek side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts