MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history:

I'm 38 and have been shooting handguns since I was 15. I've carried sidearms in the military (Colt 1911 and Beretta 92), have owned dozens of pistols over the years, grew up in a cop family, and have carried CCW for 12 years.

I went through half a dozen Glock pistols until I bought a Walther P99 in .40 S&W and thought I'd found the holy grail of defensive pistols.

Had to sell it last year due to a long story.

I was going to buy an XD45 for my next pistol (couldn't find another all German P99) when I noticed the M&P on the dealers shelf. I picked it up and it was love at first sight :wink: .

Since purchasing my M&P, I have been impressed over and over with it.

I fired some 5-shot groups off-hand at 7 yards and got all the holes to touch. Then I shot off-hand at 25 yds. and got a 2" group. Everything I pointed it at, I hit.

The other day, I was practicing my point and shoot drills at 7 yds and couldn't believe how naturally the pistol pointed; I was able to get all of my 15 shots in a 6" group w/o using the sights

The other day at the range, there was a coke can set up about 40 yds away and friends were betting who could hit it. I said I bet I could hit it with my M&P, one shot. No one thought I could, but I did, dead center, off-hand.

This pistol is amazing, and I am very happy :wink: .

·
Registered
94 Posts
I own over 30 handguns of various top drawer brands. My M&P's are my current favorite pistol hands down. I own a full and compact 9mm but will be picking up a full and hopefully compact .40 this weekend at a gun show. What caliber is yours?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too, own a number of top quality handguns including H&Ks, Sigs, Berettas, XDs, 1911s, and Glocks. I bought a full size M&P not expecting too much. After firing over 1100 rounds through it, I seem to have little interest in any other gun. Maybe I'm still going through that 'honeymoon' stage with it right now, but I seem to have a confidence in it that I haven't had in a gun before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts