MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I picked it up on monday and meant to post about it but here it is.. Better late then never.. LOL.. BTW, Budsguns rocks.. It was easy to order.. Click on the item, pick an FFL they have on record, and wait for the email and the call from the FFL saying it has arrived..

Going to the range on saturday to put about 200rds through it to break it in...

My wife couldn't believe how small it was... I put it in my front pocket (unloaded) and ask her to see if she could see it.. She couldn't find it.. I pulled it out of my front pocket and she was amazed..

Ben

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ben2112 said:
My wife couldn't believe how small it was... I pulled it out of my front pocket and she was amazed..

Ben

Seriously, great weapon... :roll:

:wink:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LMFAO your bad brother....lmao

Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='ben2112']

My wife couldn't believe how small it was... I pulled it out of my front pocket and she was amazed..

Ben

Seriously, great weapon... :roll:

[/quote]

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
BonoVox said:
I Look forward to getting aquanted with it this weekend!!!

I need to behave...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Not to jump in on Ben's topic, but the recoil is light to moderate. I was really surprised on how smooth mine was when I first fired it. Target accusation is easy after each shot and like most all 40c owner's we simply love them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Amazing. Somehow, S&W engineered the M&P 40 Compact in such a way that .40 cal ammo feels remarkably tame in this gun... I shoot mostly Speer 180 gr. Gold Dot ammo and it's a pussycat in the 40C.... remarkably easy to control, quick follow up shots... it amazes me. As a .45 acp and 10mm fan, I didn't really like 40 very much until shooting it in this gun. Now I love shooting forty!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Range Report

Well. Got back from the range.. LOVE IT!!! It was fun to shoot.. My buddy that went with me also loved shooting it.. I will admit that I shot better with the pinky extention, but that is because I have big hands.. I put about 200rds though it without a single problem.. What amazed me was the feel.. It basically felt like it's bigger brother the M&P40.. Now just waiting for my Comp-Tac holster to come in..

Ben

·
Registered
414 Posts
So, Ben, now that you have a 40 and a 40C, which do you like better? If you had to give one up, which would you keep? I'm debating whether to buy a full size 40 or not - 16 round capacity in 40 caliber would sure be great to have!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
DHart said:
I'm debating whether to buy a full size 40 or not - it would give me two more rounds than my 40C, I think?

The full size .40's have 15 round magazines, 33% more capacity then the 40c.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Morgan... thanks... I just learned that the full size has a 16 round (15+1) capacity - NICE!

What do you think about the 40 vs. the 40C? Do you prefer one over the other?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I enjoy both very much, but to be very honest I like my full size much more than my 40c. It simply shoots better, feels better in my hand, target acquisition and sight alignment are quicker. But my 40c, is my CCW and I love it as much I do my full size. It is like asking a parent which child you like better, there is no real answer, only opinion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me put about 800 more rnds through it first.. I love both of them so far... I am with Morgan about the full size so far.. I can shoot my full size so much better.. But that is because I have 3000rds in my full size compared to 200rds with my compact.. But that will change with time.. I got the 40c for CCW...

But if I had only one I could keep.. It owuld have to be the full size.. It is like an old friend.. I love shooting the full size and I would bet my life on it's reliability in the field.. Not saying the 40c isn't reliable.. I just won't trust it until I have atleast 1000 rds through it first... But that is just me..

Ben

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the full size guys... I thinks I bes needin' one a them! :wink:

Ben... in the 3000 rounds your full size has seen, have there been any problems to report?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One small problem.. It was a dirty range mag... I was getting a FTF issue.. But only with the one mag.. Cleaned it.. Haven't a problem since... That is it... And my serial is a MPA series..

HTH,

Ben

·
Registered
93 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
Not to jump in on Ben's topic, but the recoil is light to moderate. I was really surprised on how smooth mine was when I first fired it. Target accusation is easy after each shot and like most all 40c owner's we simply love them.

Shot 150 rounds for the first time in my new 40C today. I LOVE it!!! Recoil is not bad at all. In fact I think it was less than my Glock 26 that I shot back to back with it today on purpose. This is going to be my new primary CCW with out a doubt!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts