MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between my wife and me, we own three M&P handguns. A compact 40, a compact 9mm and a full size 40. On all three guns, the magazine catch works flawlessly. Not one of our M&P handguns has ever dropped a magazine unintentionally ... and my full size 40 sees regular use in USPSA shooting matches with hundreds of rounds fired through it every month.

Just thought I'd start a thread where something POSITIVE was said about the mag catch issue. Feel free to sign in if you too have had 100% reliability out of your M&P handgun(s).

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

I have had my full size .40 since october now I have passed apprx 750 through it and no hiccups whatsoever!!!! and thanks for an inspirational post about these I have been feeling depressed with all the bad vibes lately

·
Registered
638 Posts
Re: +1

101Combat Vet said:
I have had my full size .40 since october now I have passed apprx 750 through it and no hiccups whatsoever!!!! and thanks for an inspirational post about these I have been feeling depressed with all the bad vibes lately

I never had my mags fall out either and I have close to 1000 rounds through both my 40c and maybe 700-800 rounds through my 9c. But I have had the slide lock back on the last round in the 9c and a very weak mag catch, also the 9c. The first was an easy fix you can do yourself. Just a slide release lever spring change. The second required a new mag release catch and now all appears well. My only existing problem is my "walking" locking block coil pin (minor overall). My gun is at the factory now. Hopefully, that should be an easy fix. So all in all, I think I am doing pretty good with both guns but it's been an adventure.
Regardless of these little detours, I am enjoying both guns a lot.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I absolutely love my MP9 and cat wait to send off my my MP45, and then the MP15T. Were I am getting all this money......I dont know......lol

I had one mag drop, but guess what it was user error, I too am sick of hearing negative threads on the MP series. Seems like some want to b&^%ch just to B&^%ch, but some are valid complaints!

Anyway, again I have zero complaints with my baby, well maybe one....I dont have enough M&P's........

Thanks for posting some positive vibes brother!

FF

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
one with 10K++

one with 7K+

one with 2K

zero malfunctions with any of them 8)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Go Dan Go

I would hate to see all the brass on the floor after Dan is done Happy shootings and keep these positive posts coming

·
Registered
188 Posts
Broadside said:
Between my wife and me, we own three M&P handguns. A compact 40, a compact 9mm and a full size 40. On all three guns, the magazine catch works flawlessly. Not one of our M&P handguns has ever dropped a magazine unintentionally ... and my full size 40 sees regular use in USPSA shooting matches with hundreds of rounds fired through it every month.

Just thought I'd start a thread where something POSITIVE was said about the mag catch issue. Feel free to sign in if you too have had 100% reliability out of your M&P handgun(s).

So just rub it it, why don't you!

·
Registered
638 Posts
We need to hear from both sides. For a lot of folks, $500+ clams represents a sizeable investment so I can see why they are disappointed when things don't work as expected. As Bill O'Reily would say, "keep it fair and balanced." I guess I am somewhere in the middle but no matter what, I like my M&Ps.

·
Registered
937 Posts
My $399+ WAS a sizable investment for me. I have had no hiccups with my 40 full size with the exception of feed issues with hand-loaded ammo. I'm using 3.8 of Clays on a Rainier 155gr flat-nose and if the charge is a little under and the OAL a touch over 1.130, it'll fail to feed. It has NEVER failed to feed with factory ammo or harder hitting powders like Unique.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
My Mag catch is perfect also. The 9MM has never failed to function in any respect. I did send it in for a new barrel , (chamber chipping) but it has never failed to function in approx. 3000 rnds.

:twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts