MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new M&P

10-8 rear sight some kinda fiber optic front that I cut to fit.

It has a clean crisp 5 1/2lb trigger.

Seems like a real nice pistol,. It is pretty comfortable shooting full house 200gr JHP ammo. No malfunctions at all but I only have 300 rounds through it.

The target in the background is a Talon Tactical "Option Dot"

Mike

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That is a nice set-up...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went to Talon Tactical World Headquarters this afternoon and convinced Mike Benedict to let me try out his .45. He installed a 10-8/Hilton Yam rear sight and a red fiber optics front. Mike also did a wonderful trigger job that slickened and lightened the triger pull considerably, also made the reset more noticeable. He also applied some type of sandpaper like stickers to the grip frame to make the gun really stay put in your hand even if your hand is slick or wet.

I put 100 rounds through the gun, shooting multiple steel plates shaped like 1/2 sized IDPA targets at a little over 10 yds. Outside of a few times when my Mexican friend "El Snatcho" visited my trigger finger, the gun with the improved trigger was dead on steels. The gun was flawless, the recoil was mild with factory ball ammo and my own handload lead 230gr. RN. I was really surprised at the lack of recoil, I was expecting more muzzle flip. I really like this gun, I'm sure I will own one sometime in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts