MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up my new Combat Weapon this week. Will be my full time CCW.

I've owned this weapon since august and havn't fired it once! I bought it used and had it sent to Bowie Tactical Concepts for a little makeover.

The only thing that will be added is a Warren rear sight.

Added or modified were:

Grip: stippled This is the 2nd Bowie M&P with this style of stippling, I don't ever want to drop it! Beavertail is removed. Removed material for magwell cutouts if ever needing to rip out the mag in a problematic time.

Sights: front tritium, rear was notched blasted and blackend, white dots taken out.

Trigger: Crisp 4 lbs with nil overtravel. Will report more on this later.

Finish: I wanted something different, and David suggested guncoat, but done up a special way so that it makes this color, and I love it.

Slide: Took the edges off.

·
Registered
323 Posts
SWEET!!! Love the Bowie engraving, and color!

·
Registered
9 Posts
More info!!

Hey, could you get us some more info on the Bowie Tactical Concepts? Website or address of the company? It sure looks good!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Congrats Jester. The new pistol looks sick. I can't wait to see that bad boy. You're going to end up selling me on some custom work. :wink:

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have to ask David, he sent me these pics to drool on till tuesday or wednesday.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
YuconGlocker, no problem mounting the X200 on the M&P. I carry one on duty and it works just fine. It fits tight but that is a good thing. Mine lines up centered on the sight picture also. CHECK 360 David.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
If you don't need to penetrate any great distance I like the B better. It has a wider coverage and lets you see more of a room faster. The distance difference of the two is not alot any way. I have 2 of the A's and 1 B. I would say the B is the best over all choice. CHECK 360 David. P.S. I use the B on my SWAT gun.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Jester,

Congrats on your new heater!!

Mr. Bowie,

Excellent work sir. Your guns alway look great!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Jester, I'm extremely impressed with the work you had done!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about carrying my M&P but I'm afraid it might be a bit too big. On the other hand I think the compact might be a bit too small. Now, I'm not a very big guy; 5'5" & 130lbs but I have no problem carrying a full size 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII but I normally carry a G19. I think something like yours with the beavertail removed and the edges rounded off might be the ticket.

So, we finally get to my question: how has it been carrying it? What holster have you been using?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It fires and carrys superb. Carry is much more comfortable with the tail gone, and actually feels smaller.

I have been using a CTAC, but have not been impressed. I also tried a crossbreed with better results, but I think after the new year I'll be ordering a fist #1 kydex OWB/IWB, I used one of these with my XD with great results.

I cant come up with words on how happy I am with this pistol, and in general with the M&P overall.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have a CTAC as well and I was never thrilled with it either. It's a good holster but compared to a VMII it just doesn't cut it.

I might just have to order a VMII, wait it out and try carrying with my M&P9. If I think it's doable I'll get another one and send it to Bowie. If not, I'll buy a compact. Thx.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow..that's the sweetest MP ive seen..period. I absolutely LOVE the shaved beaver tail. I think the stock tail looks silly. I plan to have that done to mine as well. I also plan the stippling, except not the entire grip, just the factory shaded areas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts