MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my M&P 40 FS since 2010 and have used it as my EDC and range gun. However, I decided to finally modify it in order to better serve as my EDC. Below are some pictures of my modified M&P 40 full size.

Modifications:
Grip Chop to accept compact mags and full size with X-Grip adapters
Apex DCAEK (5.25lb trigger pull, smooth trigger pull, less take, better reset)
Trijicon HD nightsights
Stippling (grip and X-grip adapters)

One thing to note, prior to having the Apex DCAEK installed I had my trigger pull measured and it weighed in at 5lbs. However, after the install the weight went up to 5.25lbs but yielded a better feel and response.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks great, and practical. Now get rid of half of that silly beaver tail and you will have a more concealable gun. That is your goal, right?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Actually, keeping the beaver tail may help stabilize your grip while shooting. It depends on your hand size. There's a reason why people have put extended beaver tails on 1911 forever. Just be careful before before you get wack happy. Half inch doesn't make that big of a difference in all reality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of right now I do not have any reason to modify the beaver tail. Either I'm use to it or I don't know any better. The beaver tail does not print or affect ifs concealability in my opinion.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I chopped mine a little, it still hangs over somewhat, but to be honest I regret doing it. I don't regret shortening it but I wish I hadn't rounded the corners. If I did it again I'd reduce it but leave the square shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts