MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentleman

Today I went out and bought my first pistol. I had a Taurus PT1911 on hold since Monday but have had the M&P on my mind since I left the shop. I went back today and I ended up leaving with the M&P. I put 100 rounds through it today with no problems. I seemed to be left with alot of my shots. The range was poorly lit I thought(indoor). Good light on target, just hard to see my sights at the line. I'm sure that was mostly shooter error. Being a first time handgunner I need to build that strength in the hands. Anyways, I hear thread are useless without pics, so here is a pic of mine.

Take Care

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Cool Pic.! Congrats on an excellent first gun pick. I had a feeling when you expressed doubt about getting the 1911 you'd be coming over to the dark side very soon, just sooner then expected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah

I was torn between the two for sure. But the 1911 was a display model and it had a few scratches and stuff, that was the biggest turn off.

I'm a tactical medic for a local SRT. We carry Sig 226 in 40cal. However, we only shoot once a month and I wanted to get a little more involved in the shooting sports. Just another hobbie to dump money into, as if archery isn't enough!!!

Thanks for the welcome!!!

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
Congrats! The lighting on a lot of indoor ranges leaves a lot to be desired, and as you shoot the pistol you will become more familiar with the trigger, that should help you on your accuracy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts