MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to show off my new reloading set-up.

I can't wait to get some rounds loaded.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
It's a good start! My old bench was about 30 years old, last summer I decided to build a new improved bench, this one is about a foot longer and it's heavier and stiffer than my old one. On the other side, behind the camera, are storage shelves with supplies. The date of manufacture on that Rock Chucker in the middle is 1970, and I bought it in 1970, so it's been around a while.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice setup but I have one question. I was always told by my father to not have a radio on unless I was listening to classical when reloading as it could break your concentration. Anyone else use this philosophy?

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
I've usually got the radio on when I'm doing anything, I'm not paying a lot of attention to it, it's just running in the background.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
CBRADGO said:
Nice setup but I have one question. I was always told by my father to not have a radio on unless I was listening to classical when reloading as it could break your concentration. Anyone else use this philosophy?

What the heck does classical have to do with it? If you get distracted by music, don't.

Personally I like listening to music with in-ear headphones. THe music keeps me more alert and less likely to zone out while providing some rudimentary hearing protection in case I lite off primer (never have so far, fortunately)

Now something like tv, where there's plot to pay attention to, or audio books... I'd avoid that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Classical is less likely to make you headbang and screw up...

I don't know, maybe I was taught to be too careful with things that can explode...

Nice setup, nonetheless!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm green with envy. I think building myself a nice reloading bench is in order when I get the money. By the way, if you don't mind me asking how much you got wrapped up in the setup? What all calibers are you setup to reload?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm set up to reload 9mm, .38Sp., and 30-30 right now. I plan to add .223 in the near future.

I'm not sure on the total cost b/c I bought things at different times.

Here is a rough estimate:

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Kit......$270

Case Tumbler.................................. $50

Extra tools........................................$50

Each carbide 3-die set....................... $38

1 - 8 of 8 Posts