MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the M&P just the way it came out of the box.

Mine isn't for target shooting. But I shoot a lot.... I want to be better than the f??? that makes me use it.

Trigger pull is just what I want. And need. Don't want it to go off just because somebody scared the **** out of me. Or i'm pissed off. Light triggers are for target shooting. Accuracy under stress comes with staying calm and a lot of practice. A light trigger pull will probably get you in more trouble.

Color is perfect..... Easier to conceal something black than it is to keep something shinny hidden.

Don't need to spend an hour cleaning every time I shoot. Clean the breach area after practice, so it will always go to battery if I need it.

My M&P 40 is totally reliable. Never broke a striker. I use live rounds for practice, no dry firing.

No dropped magazines, keep my thumbs where they should be.

Sights are perfect. And yes the white dots do help acquire the sight picture.

Handles well strong hand, and weak hand.

My first M&P wasn't perfect. But the one I have now is close. My hat is off to Smith & Wesson for creating a fine weapon.

They also make great target pistols if that is all some people are after.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
rowe_s I agree fully and I have been preaching that same good word around my area and have been changing the hearts and minds of lots of "glockheads" and so on in appreciation you need to pass on your experiences to others so they may buy one off your opinion and "throw a stone and make a wave"

·
Registered
373 Posts
"Glockheads?" I'm a Glockhead and own an M&P9 and will be acquiring both the .40 and .45 as funds allow. I enjoy both the Glock and M&P for what they are and not for who makes it. My Glocks are rock solid reliable and go bang with little maintenance required. As for the M&P, well let me say, it's the best feeling pistol I've ever felt (standard medium insert). I can shoot the M&P9 as well as I can my G17 with #3.5 connector and extended slide stop. That says a lot given my long love affair with my G17 through many (and I mean) many IDPA matches.

The M&P has yet to prove itself for IDPA use but I'm sure in time and through many rounds it will prove worthy. I'm a competitor and not a "for practice" type. The gun has to prove 99.9% flawless for me to use it in competition.

I do agree that there are some that will knock any other pistol that isn't made in Austria and I use to be one of them until I met the M&P. It took a long time in looking until a fellow IDPA shooter purchased one and allowed me to shoot it. I owned one within a week and haven't regretted the purchase. I still own 7-Glocks and do not plan on getting rid of any one of them. However, I will be adding a few more M&P's as noted above.

In summary, I guess I'm an open minded "Glockhead." Go over to Glocktalk and you will be surprised that M&P's are not being condemned as one would imagine. Just an outside observation from a Glockhead.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You ever shot an M&P with a trigger job? You may think your trigger is perfect, but one with a trigger job is far superior. A standard trigger job with a 3.5lb pull is not too light either. Also, I have a pretty slide - teflon nickle coated - and it's much easier to clean after shooting. Just wipe it off with a cloth. None of the typical scrubbing/soaking nonsense. Shiny pistols are just as easy to conceal as dark pistols - unless you wear clear shirts.
And as far as the sights go I've found a black rear with a dot up front to be faster - just put the dot in the notch and squeeze. I don't have to bother trying to line multiple dots up. My modded 9c is primarily for self defense.

This is all my opinion, of course. I'm not trying to be argumentative. Although it seems like I'm trying to be by disagreeing with pretty much everything you said. I just happen to feel differently, although I respect your opinions. Oh, and I agree that S&W created a damn fine weapon with the M&P's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts