MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOD's if someone already started a thread on this, please delete.

Fox News is reporting 10 dead including the gun man.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is scary...I wonder what is up with all the Mall shootings in the last year or so. Glad I always carry when I go to my mall.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just f#$%in' GREAT!! Now we have to listen to the libtard bullshit in the media for the next week.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Being an election year, the libs will beat this to death and never speak a word about the young man that was the shooter. I'm glad the way it turned out so it will not be tied up in the courts for years at tax payers costs.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Terrible news, reports are coming in saying he was on anti depressants, that's been linked to some of the other incidents over the years.

They are going to beat this to death in the coming elections!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
coltman1985 said:
Just f#$%in' GREAT!! Now we have to listen to the libtard bullshit in the media for the next week.

I agree one report already said he used an "m16 type" rifle.

·
Registered
937 Posts
First, we need to remember the innocents who were killed. Second, we need all of the facts before determining how much flak we're going to catch on this one. This one in particular stuck out to me:

The first police officers arrived at the mall six minutes after the first call, she said, but by then the shootings were over.

This more than anything back what we've been saying for years. The citizens in harm's way in an incident like this are the first, and often only, line of defense. 8 dead in six minutes or less. Any bets this was a gun-free zone? You can look at it two ways: The antis can use this as fodder for their beliefs, or we can use it as vindication for ours. Whoever makes the most sense without tearing up with emotion, wins. That's why despite the mall shooting earlier this year, the VT shooting, the several school shootings, concealed carry has been on the rise everywhere. The republicans fighting for office have an opportunity here to do the right thing. Condemn the actions and thinking of the gunman, and tell the people that he's going to help them protect themselves, "when the cops are only 6 minutes away".

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
G56 said:
Terrible news, reports are coming in saying he was on anti depressants, that's been linked to some of the other incidents over the years.
So lets blame the drugs, just not the guns. Do drugs make people crazy, or do crazy people take drugs? We do know that crazy people kill other people.

I don't know about the CCW laws in Nebraska or that mall's policies, but I saw the "no guns" sign at the Trolley Square Mall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very, very sad situation. My prayers go out to the survivors and the family members of those who died.

I've been too busy to get my CC permit. I will make time to finish the process...

Jason

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
30378 said:
Being an election year, the libs will beat this to death and never speak a word about the young man that was the shooter. I'm glad the way it turned out so it will not be tied up in the courts for years at tax payers costs.

Whoa... you live in Deer Park, too? WTF!

ETA: Sad, tragic, and i'm sure i'll be hearing it for the next year on the news... which is possibly just as sad and tragic as the killings.

It seems like I can't turn on the tv w/o hearing about another gun related shooting... maybe we should just ban them all

·
Registered
147 Posts
My ex-girlfriends uncle was one of the victims killed! this really strikes home, I had met the guy, he was hilarious. The saying it won't happen to me may be true most of the time, but no one ever said it won't happen to someone you know! Guys, I'd give anything to have been in that mall, and done my damndest to shoot that ******* before he'd finished the job. This stuff just kills me...fellas, carry everyday, and don't let them little no guns allowed signs scare you away. if you carry correctly, no one should know you're carrying anyway, until you whip it out and save people's lives with it...then I doubt the mall would press charges anyways! Stay safe guys.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Flyin_.45 said:
carry everyday, and don't let them little no guns allowed signs scare you away. if you carry correctly, no one should know you're carrying anyway,

Damn right.

I carry everywhere that doesn't have a metal detector.
My life, and my families life, is far more important to me than the small risk of going to jail for a few nights for breaking a law.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Man this is sad and I'm very sorry to hear this, my condolences go out to the victims. Lets not forget the 5 addition hit, and 2 critically wounded.

This is the stuff that makes me think we have our priority's mixed up in terrorisms. This is homeland terrorisms at its best, and we need to defend ourselves against these threats everyday. Not have the false hopes the the police can save us, or striping our liberty's will make this country a safer place to live.

·
Registered
88 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='G56']Terrible news, reports are coming in saying he was on anti depressants, that's been linked to some of the other incidents over the years.
So lets blame the drugs, just not the guns. Do drugs make people crazy, or do crazy people take drugs? We do know that crazy people kill other people.

I don't know about the CCW laws in Nebraska or that mall's policies, but I saw the "no guns" sign at the Trolley Square Mall.[/quote]

I bet there will be ALOT more people disregard those signs in the years to come. Or lets hope there state reps. pull their heads out of their backsides and pass a law allowing concealed carry everywhere.

My prayers with them, I always carry in the mall. Its not against Texas law and there are no signs (I would ignore them anyway) and sadly I would feel better equipped to protect others in this situation than the $6.00 hr. unarmed security degenerates in the mall :roll:

My absolute biggest fear is that if I did (or was to close to avoid this gunman) decide to engage and shoot that he would be wearing Body armor and only laugh at my 40 Sub Compact. Leaving me to flee and pray for my own life.

·
Registered
88 Posts
josh said:
[quote name='Flyin_.45']carry everyday, and don't let them little no guns allowed signs scare you away. if you carry correctly, no one should know you're carrying anyway,

Damn right.

I carry everywhere that doesn't have a metal detector.
My life, and my families life, is far more important to me than the small risk of going to jail for a few nights for breaking a law.[/quote]

God Bless you, as I do the same!! If I can get by without being swanned or passing through a machine then so can the terrorist scumbag hellbent on murder!!

I have said it once and Ill say it again, I will take my chances being a heroic felon than another vicitm dead on the sidewalk!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
medicff0879 said:
[quote name='choochboost'][quote name='G56']Terrible news, reports are coming in saying he was on anti depressants, that's been linked to some of the other incidents over the years.

I don't know about the CCW laws in Nebraska or that mall's policies, but I saw the "no guns" sign at the Trolley Square Mall.[/quote]

I bet there will be ALOT more people disregard those signs in the years to come. Or lets hope there state reps. pull their heads out of their backsides and pass a law allowing concealed carry everywhere.

My prayers with them, I always carry in the mall. Its not against Texas law and there are no signs (I would ignore them anyway) and sadly I would feel better equipped to protect others in this situation than the $6.00 hr. unarmed security degenerates in the mall :roll:

My absolute biggest fear is that if I did (or was to close to avoid this gunman) decide to engage and shoot that he would be wearing Body armor and only laugh at my 40 Sub Compact. Leaving me to flee and pray for my own life.[/quote]

Aim higher or lower.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Fire1 said:
This is scary...I wonder what is up with all the Mall shootings in the last year or so. Glad I always carry when I go to my mall.

I see metal detectors and searching coming soon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
calmp9 said:
[quote name='Fire1']This is scary...I wonder what is up with all the Mall shootings in the last year or so. Glad I always carry when I go to my mall.

I see metal detectors and searching coming soon.[/quote]

and that's when i will quit going to the mall.

metal detectors, and those "no firearm" signs... those are two things that make a business lose my money.

there are places i cannot carry understandably- Courts and government buildings. I can respect that, as i can see why it's not permitted.

But, gas stations, restaraunts, or other buisinesses that want my money... they either take me as i really am, or they dont get me at all.

there's always another place up the street that WILL welcome me, where i can get the same stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
f-bomb said:
[quote name='calmp9'][quote name='Fire1']This is scary...I wonder what is up with all the Mall shootings in the last year or so. Glad I always carry when I go to my mall.

I see metal detectors and searching coming soon.[/quote]

and that's when i will quit going to the mall.

metal detectors, and those "no firearm" signs... those are two things that make a business lose my money.

there are places i cannot carry understandably- Courts and government buildings. I can respect that, as i can see why it's not permitted.

But, gas stations, restaraunts, or other buisinesses that want my money... they either take me as i really am, or they dont get me at all.

there's always another place up the street that WILL welcome me, where i can get the same stuff.[/quote]

I agree, as going into some dump that goes this far to disarm an honest folk also goes so far as to make sure I am unarmed in the parking lot all the way up to the business, AND THAT AINT HAPPENIN!! I will go elsewhere to buy the item.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts