MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have recently started making holsters about a year ago specifically for the 9mm M&P Shield and am selling them for very cheap via Amazon. 100% concealable. Take a look and let me know what you think. The listing is located here. If you have any tips for me about my holster, please feel free to let me know what I can do to make it better.

Thanks,
KydexCreations

Edit 1: New custom adjustable deep carry concealed Shield holster here!

·
Registered
490 Posts
DO yu take cusotm orders? I am looking for a Kydex with a very high clip for Ultra deep concealment. That would allow the back of the slide to be almost flush with the top of the belt and almost half the grip concealed. Similar to this.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield | PJ Holster LLC

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could definitely make one like that. For a Shield 9mm right?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 9mm and .40 cal are the same size.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thought so, but your amazon ad shows only the 9mm, and your post to rainsong asked for 9mm?, so I got to thinking, why is he only making them for 9mm when the 40 is the same.

You got something against us 40 cal guys?;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, I changed it to 9 mm/.40 cal... Never even thought about there being a .40 cal Shield :dry: Sad... I'd rather have a .40 than my 9 anyday though...

·
Registered
50 Posts
DO yu take cusotm orders? I am looking for a Kydex with a very high clip for Ultra deep concealment. That would allow the back of the slide to be almost flush with the top of the belt and almost half the grip concealed. Similar to this.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield | PJ Holster LLC
i'm looking for something like this guy.

with the clip at the TOP of the holster, so the whole gun is hidden....

everything i've seen or tried has the whole grip and half the slide sticking out the top of the pants.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol, I changed it to 9 mm/.40 cal... Never even thought about there being a .40 cal Shield :dry: Sad... I'd rather have a .40 than my 9 anyday though...
Us .40 cal guys thank you...:stuart:.

I also like the holster rainsong linked. If you end up making one, post some pics of it. Very interested in a deep conceal for my .40.
Ya got 3 of us interested.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Us .40 cal guys thank you...:stuart:.

I also like the holster rainsong linked. If you end up making one, post some pics of it. Very interested in a deep conceal for my .40.
Ya got 3 of us interested.......
Awesome, I'll get to work on it tomorrow night and post some pictures. Cant believe I didn't think of making one before...:yes

·
Registered
490 Posts
Awesome, I'll get to work on it tomorrow night and post some pictures. Cant believe I didn't think of making one before...:yes
There is a ton of Kydex holsters out there similar to what you show, but very few with the clip high like the PJ for deep concealment. I would think that would be a niche you could advertise. Show pictures of how far into the pants it will allow the gun to go and how deep it conceals compared to the standard ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm getting to work on it right now. I should be posting pictures in 2-3 hours. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok so here's what I came up with. I realized that maybe the clip should be lowered in order to draw the weapon... I think I have the concept though.

Feel free to give me your advice.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You're on the right track. Have you tried it yourself? I'm thinking you will need to cant the holster about 30 degrees like the PJ to be able to access the grip. Also,It may be just a tad TOO high. PM me when you work out the bugs with a price. Or post it for everyone!

·
Registered
50 Posts
You're on the right track. Have you tried it yourself? I'm thinking you will need to cant the holster about 30 degrees like the PJ to be able to access the grip. Also,It may be just a tad TOO high. PM me when you work out the bugs with a price. Or post it for everyone!
what he said
i believe you have to cant it, if you can.

i'm down with this

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I tried it out and I definitely need to lower the clip a little. A 30 degree cant would be perfect too. I'm starting from the drawing board tomorrow and I will post another picture when I am finished. I plan on starting to sell them tomorrow or Saturday on Amazon. :) Not sure of a price yet, but will let you know before Saturday if everything goes to plan.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts