MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the sticky on holsters and found many links no longer exist and those that do, don’t list yet for the 10mm. I need either a KYDEX or Leather, maybe both, for the new 4 inch M&P.

Ive tried all my usual holster makers and they haven’t listed a holster for the 10. does anyone have a 45 M&P and the new 10mm and know if they fit the same holster? I intend to start calling again after the holidays, but figured I’d ask here first.

Oh,and Mery Christmas…

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've heard they were the same size as the 45 of course the sights are taller. One person even said it fit in his 2.0 9c holster. Hopefully someone can tell you for sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Subscribed - have a 4" 10mm inbound and starting holster hunting.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have a Safariland holster (don't remember the model but it's one of the newer/cheaper ones) made out of kydex I have mounted on a thigh holster panel.

It perfectly fits/works with my 2.0 9MM 5" (barrel/slide stick out the bottom), my 1.0 9MM and my 2.0 .45 with a 4 inch barrel/slide. No difference in effort to insert or remove the pistol from the holster, no difference in how the holster locks the pistol in or release it when my grip hand activates the release.

No 10MM in the house, just letting you know the 9s and .45s seem to fit the same holsters. Could very well be the 10MM and 9s fit the same holster, as well as the .45s.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered a Kydex IWB holster for the M&P 45 from wethepeopleholsters.com.
It is for my forthcoming purchase of an
M&P 10mm 4.6" with thumb safety. Should be here soon.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a Safariland holster (don't remember the model but it's one of the newer/cheaper ones) made out of kydex I have mounted on a thigh holster panel.

It perfectly fits/works with my 2.0 9MM 5" (barrel/slide stick out the bottom), my 1.0 9MM and my 2.0 .45 with a 4 inch barrel/slide. No difference in effort to insert or remove the pistol from the holster, no difference in how the holster locks the pistol in or release it when my grip hand activates the release.

No 10MM in the house, just letting you know the 9s and .45s seem to fit the same holsters. Could very well be the 10MM and 9s fit the same holster, as well as the .45s.
You mentioned an open bottom holster (muzzle sticks out).
I believe the 9/40 vs 45 are different length so unless you have an open bottom holster it probably won't work.

For everyone reading;

Keep in mind that with the bottom open you can ruin the crown of the barrel simply by sitting in a car seat and the seat belt hitting it or any other hard object that the unprotected muzzle bumps into.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah, a 5" barrel sticks out. The 4&1/4" (sort of std. full sized 9 and .40) and the 4" (.45 Compact) don't stick out.

I don't wear the drop leg holsters in the car. If I'm going somewhere in a vehicle I'm carrying concealed (IWB). I just wear the drop leg holsters doing jobs around my property.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got a reply email from C&G Holsters. They told me they will have IWB and OWB holsters by February. You can call them to place an order or wait till they show up on their website.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have 3 of THESE for my 2.0 compact 9 and they're great for the money. My 45 full size fits in them perfectly except the muzzle end sticks out of the bottom.

The 45 full size holsters will fit the10mm according to what everybody says.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My M&P 10 4” fits perfectly into a JMCK owb1 I purchased as a 4” 9/40cal M&P holster no friction clicks in smoothly like the 9mm, 40cal, and .45so as long as the holster you pick is the appropriate length for your 10mm, unless it’s an open end design and you’re ok with the barrel sticking out if longer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts