MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the sticky on holsters and found many links no longer exist and those that do, don’t list yet for the 10mm. I need either a KYDEX or Leather, maybe both, for the new 4 inch M&P.

Ive tried all my usual holster makers and they haven’t listed a holster for the 10. does anyone have a 45 M&P and the new 10mm and know if they fit the same holster? I intend to start calling again after the holidays, but figured I’d ask here first.

Oh,and Mery Christmas…

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a Safariland holster (don't remember the model but it's one of the newer/cheaper ones) made out of kydex I have mounted on a thigh holster panel.

It perfectly fits/works with my 2.0 9MM 5" (barrel/slide stick out the bottom), my 1.0 9MM and my 2.0 .45 with a 4 inch barrel/slide. No difference in effort to insert or remove the pistol from the holster, no difference in how the holster locks the pistol in or release it when my grip hand activates the release.

No 10MM in the house, just letting you know the 9s and .45s seem to fit the same holsters. Could very well be the 10MM and 9s fit the same holster, as well as the .45s.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a Safariland holster (don't remember the model but it's one of the newer/cheaper ones) made out of kydex I have mounted on a thigh holster panel.

It perfectly fits/works with my 2.0 9MM 5" (barrel/slide stick out the bottom), my 1.0 9MM and my 2.0 .45 with a 4 inch barrel/slide. No difference in effort to insert or remove the pistol from the holster, no difference in how the holster locks the pistol in or release it when my grip hand activates the release.

No 10MM in the house, just letting you know the 9s and .45s seem to fit the same holsters. Could very well be the 10MM and 9s fit the same holster, as well as the .45s.
You mentioned an open bottom holster (muzzle sticks out).
I believe the 9/40 vs 45 are different length so unless you have an open bottom holster it probably won't work.

For everyone reading;

Keep in mind that with the bottom open you can ruin the crown of the barrel simply by sitting in a car seat and the seat belt hitting it or any other hard object that the unprotected muzzle bumps into.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yeah, a 5" barrel sticks out. The 4&1/4" (sort of std. full sized 9 and .40) and the 4" (.45 Compact) don't stick out.

I don't wear the drop leg holsters in the car. If I'm going somewhere in a vehicle I'm carrying concealed (IWB). I just wear the drop leg holsters doing jobs around my property.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got a reply email from C&G Holsters. They told me they will have IWB and OWB holsters by February. You can call them to place an order or wait till they show up on their website.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have 3 of THESE for my 2.0 compact 9 and they're great for the money. My 45 full size fits in them perfectly except the muzzle end sticks out of the bottom.

The 45 full size holsters will fit the10mm according to what everybody says.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My M&P 10 4” fits perfectly into a JMCK owb1 I purchased as a 4” 9/40cal M&P holster no friction clicks in smoothly like the 9mm, 40cal, and .45so as long as the holster you pick is the appropriate length for your 10mm, unless it’s an open end design and you’re ok with the barrel sticking out if longer

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a Safariland 6390-8182RDS holster for my 2.0 M&p CORE 5 inch with Modlite pl350 light works with streamlight and x300 u as well. I just ordered a new 2.0 10mm 4.6 inch barrel would this holster work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Which 9mm version, 4" or 4.6" Barrel.
I just purchased a 10mm, 4" barrel with no thumb safety. Which holster for the 9mm works and what company are you referring to?
Any m&p holster made for at least a 4inch barreled pistol will work, all the holsters I have are for 9mm pistols…. I have jmck aiwb, OWB1, in 3.6”, 4”, and 5” … blacksmith tactical, ANR, vedder, and a fer other brands I don’t remember all sold as 2.0 9mm holster in the various lengths… none of my m&p’s have manual safeties and the 4.6” .45 and 10 mm fit in the 5” holsters of the various brands… and the 4”10mm fits in all but the 3.6” holsters…. I don’t have any leather holsters.. but I’d assume it would hold true with those as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any m&p holster made for at least a 4inch barreled pistol will work, all the holsters I have are for 9mm pistols…. I have jmck aiwb, OWB1, in 3.6”, 4”, and 5” … blacksmith tactical, ANR, vedder, and a fer other brands I don’t remember all sold as 2.0 9mm holster in the various lengths… none of my m&p’s have manual safeties and the 4.6” .45 and 10 mm fit in the 5” holsters of the various brands… and the 4”10mm fits in all but the 3.6” holsters…. I don’t have any leather holsters.. but I’d assume it would hold true with those as well
Sorry to bust ya bubble this is all FALSE. I went and got that holster you speak of for the 10mm and once I put it in, it wouldn’t come out. Highly disappointed as I thought it would work from a demonstration in the store using a 45. But when I got home it went in and wouldn’t come out. Had to unscrew the loosing to take it back out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To ASSUME, is to make an A** of of you and Me. In this case your assumption was, sorry to say, incorrect. The reason I started this thread was to actually find holsters that actually fit. Ive encountered this same issue with the SIG P320. Not all holsters made to fit the P320 in 9, 40 and 357, will fit a P320 in 45 acp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts