MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After a great first time outing at a local IDPA match I came home and cleaned the gun. I noticed this after dissassemply and cleaning.

I am not sure what this bar does on the frame, but the finish on the leading edge where it contacts something on the slide appears rough (as in broken/sheared) and there is a noticable crack from front to back (right to left in the picture). The pistol operates fine, but I am concerned as small cracks can become big cracks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
167 Posts
Please discontinue using that part as a toothpick. :wink:

Seriously, +1 on sending the slide in for warranty repair. The step-down on the forward end of the ejector is normal, the crack is NOT.

-B

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glad something major didn't occur. Call S&W ASAP and have them repair that. It's going to take about 2 weeks for the process.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with S&W and he confirmed that the ejector is broken and will need to be replaced. A return shipping label is on the way. Hopefully, they will not replace anything that Dan had worked on as part of the trigger job.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I would check to see if you could just replace that one part yourself. the whole ser housing is only 25.00!! The ejector should be very minimal!! Check Brownells or maybe S&W could ship one out!! Down time would be much less!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would, but I am mechanically inept. I am often impressed that I can load a mag successfully. If they are covering shipping costs both ways, I can be without the gun for a few weeks. I have been looking for an excuse to compete with my H&K anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts