MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my m&p9 and went to the range to fire it off. It worked great except for the fact every now and then after a few rounds my takedown lever would pop out or roll down in postion
. I got this gun used and nothing was said about this issue. Well with the info from this site it took out my front rail assembly with the takedown lever and found the issue. There is a metal flat bar (spring steel i assume) that is shown in the exploded view pictures but it is not present in my gun. I also found out the mag disconnect has been modified by removing the spring to keep it in the upright position. Here is where I need the Help. Called customer service explained things out to them and asked if there was any way to get those springs ,and was told no. I needed to be a dealer or ship the gun back. Told them i bought it used and the the told me there would be a chrage for the repairs. Does any one know where to get the "takedown lever retainer spring" and the spring for the mag disconnect lever. I am in Easteren Canada and gun shops are few and far between. Unable to contact seller as he is no longer living in the area, and are unsure as to where he has moved to

Thanks for te help[/i]

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have some takedown lever retaining wires on order right now from S&W. They are on backorder, so I don't know when I will get them.

A new sear block, which would contain the mag disconnect spring, can be ordered also. I have a couple sear blocks ordered, but they do not have the mag disconnect. Many people here have removed the mag disconnect. Maybe one of these people will hook you up with that spring.

I'm sure we can get you the springs you need somehow.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have some takedown lever retaining springs on order from Brownells and they should be in this week. See if you can order some from them as well. I also have a spare Sear with the mag disconnect still in the bag if you're interested.

Honestly, and this is only my opinion, I think you should send the gun to S&W along with a letter explaining that you purchased the gun used and that you noticed the previous owner made some modifications and that you would like them to look it over, replace the missing takedown lever retaining spring and sear, and anything else that looks out of the ordinary, including any updates/revisions that need to be done.

I have a feeling that they won't charge or or the charge will be minimal but the peace of mind it will give you will be well worth it.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
If you want to try to order the parts yourself again. Try this:

Call 800-331-0852.

I think it's option 7 for parts. Tell them you need to order a couple parts for the M&P 9mm.

#27762-takedown lever retaining wire. It should be about $3.30.

#39091-sear block with mag disconnect and no IL -that is about $24.75 or

#27764-sear blok with mag disconnect and with IL-that is about $28.92. (I don't know if you have the IL.)

This might work.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
m4arc said:
I have some takedown lever retaining springs on order from Brownells and they should be in this week. See if you can order some from them as well. I also have a spare Sear with the mag disconnect still in the bag if you're interested.

Honestly, and this is only my opinion, I think you should send the gun to S&W along with a letter explaining that you purchased the gun used and that you noticed the previous owner made some modifications and that you would like them to look it over, replace the missing takedown lever retaining spring and sear, and anything else that looks out of the ordinary, including any updates/revisions that need to be done.

I have a feeling that they won't charge or or the charge will be minimal but the peace of mind it will give you will be well worth it.

I agree.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='m4arc']I have some takedown lever retaining springs on order from Brownells and they should be in this week. See if you can order some from them as well. I also have a spare Sear with the mag disconnect still in the bag if you're interested.

I agree.[/quote]

Jeez, I just realized that was one, huge, run-on sentence!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts