MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what to do here. I have a very nice leather holster on order from K&D Holsters, but it is going to be 8-10 weeks before I receive it. I can hardly wait!! But in the meantime all I have is one pretty bad Galco holster (http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=2217&GunID=51 ). It just does not work well for me. So I am looking at Comp-tac for a holster. I have had a couple holsters from them before and I know they are top drawer gear!. I am looking at the CTAC and the Infidel. The Infidel interests me because it is so versatile. If I get it with the Gurkha Strut, then I basically get 2 holsters in one. Then the CTAC is also a favorite of many and it does look comfortable and very adjustable.

Then to add to the confusion, the nice lady at Comp-tac this morning told me that they have some new very exciting products that will be coming along in the not too distant future. She would not even give a hint as to what, but said it was nice.

I need a good holster soon!! I am not sure whether to get the Infidel, the CTAC or just wait and see what else is coming.

What say you?? I know what you will say choochboost

Thanks for your input, Ron

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
ront said:
Then to add to the confusion, the nice lady at Comp-tac this morning told me that they have some new very exciting products that will be coming along in the not too distant future. She would not even give a hint as to what, but said it was nice.

Thanks for your input, Ron
It's kind of like computers, there's always something better just over the horizon, but if you keep waiting for it you never get anything!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G56 said:
It's kind of like computers, there's always something better just over the horizon, but if you keep waiting for it you never get anything!

Truer words were never spoken. I really need a good holster, so I will probably choose between the Infidel and the CTAC. I am just not sure which one.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not as stable as I would like and reholstering is a major pain!! This is the setup I had when I had my G27.

Ron

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YukonGlocker, it was an older Comp-tac Gurkha. If I get the Infidel, I can have it set up pretty much the exact same way.

Ron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I like the CTAC as its more adjustable for height and cant. This is important to me as I like my CTACs a certain way. I found the old Gurkha clip always interferred with my belt loops at 3:00. Of course this has been rectified with the Infidel. The Gurkha/Infidel clip will be a little more bulky than the CTAC since the clip is on the outside of the holster body. You can even completely remove the clip on the Infidel completely to make it like a shirt tucker model, which takes care of that problem and makes it tuckable...obviously. The CTAC is more money. These are some pros and cons. If nothing jumps out at you, I'd go with the cheaper one. You can always sell it later.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Blade-Tech?

:wink:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am definitely going to stay with Comp-tac as IMHO, they are the best Kydex holster being made.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Although I haven't tried either of those specific holsters, I would try the CTAC first. I have a VM2 on order; I think the loops both in front and behind the holster are easier to conceal and more comfortable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A quick comment on the Blade-Tech recommendation. I believe ront mentioned that the point of this exercise was to get something quickly because the real one he wants is 8-10 weeks out. Blade-Tech's backlog is typically 6-8 weeks so nothing really gained there. If you want fast turn around for high quality custom gear, Comp-Tac is the way to go. Having said that, I would disagree (IMO) with the statement that Comp-Tac is the "best" kydex being made. I have both CT's and BT's and find them to neck and neck in quality. I like how BT's use a standard phillips head for adjustment vs. CT's microscopic allen wrench (which I typically loose promptly).

Personally I think I would go with the infidel as I've been eyeing that myself. I'm not a big fan of the CTAC myself (yes I have one and have used it). It's just a bit too awkward for me to put on. I'm a fan of a single point of attachement. A little easier to conceal? My carry holster of choice at the moment is the BT UCH but I'm considering giving an Infidel slide in shirt tucker config a shot for my M&P full & compact...

MC

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
David Elderton makes the best kydex holsters I have ever seen or used, by far.

He owns Kytac. The Kytac website sucks, but his holsters are the best.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The BraveHeart does look pretty nice.

Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm going to order a braveheart for my compact (when I get one).

I have a couple other of David's holsters, but I have not had a braveheart yet.

David Elderton is now a Grand Master ranked USPSA shooter. He carries in his holsters every day. Many, many professionals use Kytac gear.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your input guys. I have a Comp-tac Infidel on the way

choochboost, I decided to go this way as the CTAC is very similar( but different as you have shown) to the leather holster that I am getting and this will give me more versatility I think.

YukonGlocker, the BraveHeart does look nice, but I just decided to stay with Comp-tac. Is what I am getting one of the copies he is talking about!

Ron

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ront,

Sorry I am late with this response, I just joined tonight!

I have an Infidel which I have been using for my Glock 19. It is excellent! I use the simplest arrangement imaginable: the simple belt clip. Comfortable and easy to get into and out of. You will love the Infidel. Enjoy!

LegalRaptor

"The freedom to swing your fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks LegalRaptor, I think that I am really going to like the holster!! Welcome to the forums also. Glad you are here.

Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
David Elderton makes the best kydex holsters I have ever seen or used, by far.

He owns Kytac. The Kytac website sucks, but his holsters are the best.

KYTAC pouches and holsters are nice. However, it takes ages for it to deliver(My pass order). Since this is a one man store and the owner David Elderton are very hard to contact. He use lots of his time in competition shooting; therefore,may lack of time to complete the orders on time. A person had mentioned that he wait one year for a holster from Kytac!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts