MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get a Good "Left Handed" OWB Holster for my .45 acp Shield Compact, I am not looking for any Leather holsters. I believe I have searched all the way to the "End of the Internet".

Anything / Everything Appreciated !

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Anybody know where I can get a Good "Left Handed" OWB Holster for my .45 acp Shield Compact, I am not looking for any Leather holsters. I believe I have searched all the way to the "End of the Internet".

I believe it’s probably a .45 Shield; right?

When I first got mine (before they had “2.0” on them); I had mine made by Panther Concealment. They make both IWB and OWB.

I have about nine of their holsters, and two IWB fixed blade knife sheaths.

They’re in Jacksonville, FL, and are good people. I met the owner Jim at a Threat Focused Pistol course in Daytona, and his right hand man Scott at a h2h and blade training course, 7-8 years ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it’s probably a .45 Shield; right?

When I first got mine (before they had “2.0” on them); I had mine made by Panther Concealment. They make both IWB and OWB.

I have about nine of their holsters, and two IWB fixed blade knife sheaths.

They’re in Jacksonville, FL, and are good people. I met the owner Jim at a Threat Focused Pistol course in Daytona, and his right hand man Scott at a h2h and blade training course, 7-8 years ago.

Thanks a lot Rick, I will definitely check them out., And Yea, its the 45acp (non 2.0) Compact and its hard to find a pair of Pants for it. Stay Safe, Trust No One

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Thanks a lot Rick, I will definitely check them out., And Yea, its the 45acp (non 2.0) Compact and its hard to find a pair of Pants for it. Stay Safe, Trust No One
OK; First post you said “Shield compact,“ now “compact,” so I’m not sure what you have, but Jim will most likely be able to make either one. I have a 1.0 9c, which is a 9mm M&P Compact, and a 1.0 PC Shield, plus a few more. I don't think that there are “Shield compacts.”

He’ll want to know what cant you want (0, 5, 10 15, 20 degree, etc.), and what position (3:00, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00, etc.) you’ll be wearing it most often.

Oops! I guess for a lefty the positions would be 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK; First post you said “Shield compact,“ now “compact,” so I’m not sure what you have, but Jim will most likely be able to make either one. I have a 1.0 9c, which is a 9mm M&P Compact, and a 1.0 PC Shield, plus a few more. I don't think that there are “Shield compacts.”

He’ll want to know what cant you want (0, 5, 10 15, 20 degree, etc.), and what position (3:00, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00, etc.) you’ll be wearing it most often.

Oops! I guess for a lefty the positions would be 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, etc.
Sorry to confuse you Rick, Yes, its a Shield Compact & thanks for the "Cant" & "position" alert, I will have that when I contact Jim, again Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Old Army, you're still doing it. It's either a Shield, or it's a compact version of a Full Size M&P.
While all Shields are certainly "compact", it's confusing to us to try to help you when you say Shield Compact together.
It's just a Shield.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old Army, you're still doing it. It's either a Shield, or it's a compact version of a Full Size M&P.
While all Shields are certainly "compact", it's confusing to us to try to help you when you say Shield Compact together.
It's just a Shield.
Your 100% right, I was confused, I went and got the Original Box out, and to my surprise, I own a "M&P 45 Shield", SKU 11531.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Awesome pistol, great choice.
As far as holsters, did you ever get a light/laser for it ?
I just got a holster and some mag pouches for my .45 Shield with Lasermax light/green laser with GripSense.

Made by Joseph Poe of Gunner Custom, he is a retired Marine NCO. I noticed he lists holsters for pistols with lights, got mine today and very happy with it.
When it comes to holsters and guns, I am a fan of "ABB". Anything but black. Of course, if you want a black holster, he makes those too.
He was behind with all the craziness, so it took about 3 1/2 weeks to get them.

Mine is an IWB, but he also makes OWB holsters.
You can't seem to find them on his website, he says he is going to update the site when he catches up on holster orders.
Best bet would be to call or e-mail about getting an OWB Kydex holster.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Your 100% right, I was confused, I went and got the Original Box out, and to my surprise, I own a "M&P 45 Shield", SKU 11531. View attachment 17661
Jim can definitely make you a kydex IWB or OWB holster for that. His turn around time from order to shipping it out is about a week.

THE panther design for OWB holsters ia fairly unique; as it’s all one piece, so there’re no weak points where multiple pieces are screwed together. The two screws are only there to provide a means to adjust the retention tension to your preferences.

These are pics of my Panther OWB 9c holster:

5E5F3779-60C2-4D11-9CB0-DDCBF0235E24.jpeg
076B86F3-D603-46A6-9392-849E80C434EA.jpeg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jim can definitely make you a kydex IWB or OWB holster for that. His turn around time from order to shipping it out is about a week.

THE panther design for OWB holsters ia fairly unique; as it’s all one piece, so there’re no weak points where multiple pieces are screwed together. The two screws are only there to provide a means to adjust the retention tension to your preferences.

These are pics of my Panther OWB 9c holster:

View attachment 17662 View attachment 17663
That is a Good looking "No Gimmicks" holster, I NOW being UNCONFUSED know what I'm looking for & I think this is it, Thanks for helping me get back in the "10 Ring" Rick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome pistol, great choice.
As far as holsters, did you ever get a light/laser for it ?
I just got a holster and some mag pouches for my .45 Shield with Lasermax light/green laser with GripSense.

Made by Joseph Poe of Gunner Custom, he is a retired Marine NCO. I noticed he lists holsters for pistols with lights, got mine today and very happy with it.
When it comes to holsters and guns, I am a fan of "ABB". Anything but black. Of course, if you want a black holster, he makes those too.
He was behind with all the craziness, so it took about 3 1/2 weeks to get them.

Mine is an IWB, but he also makes OWB holsters.
You can't seem to find them on his website, he says he is going to update the site when he catches up on holster orders.
Best bet would be to call or e-mail about getting an OWB Kydex holster.
Sandog, Being Retired US Army, I am kinda partial to Camo, great looking holster, thanks for the info, now I got to discuss this with my Staff and see if I can get "approval.
49348644_1750791051742383_7509801878138388480_n.png

·
Registered
3 Posts

Try FOBUS. they have left hand OWB. Not leather. Fit M&P Shield 45. Great holsters. Great warranty

·
Registered
284 Posts
The two holster makers I've dealt with charge $5 more for colors and patterns, worth it to me to have something that looks a bit different that just black. An IWB holster will be hidden for the most part, but I do have to look at it when taking it on and off !
Something like an American flag pattern, camo or a Carbon Fiber pattern makes for a unique looking holster compared to plain black Kydex.

Multicam came out after my Army service was over, but it blends in well with the varied terrain here in Arizona.
So does FDE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts