MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
straight back into mt face. HAS THE FACTORY FIXED THE PROBLEM AND RETURNED YOUR GUNS TO YOU?

I have read a number of threads here about this problem and I am wondering if the forum members have been pleased with the fix.

I now have 4 M&Ps. I have put a couple thousand rounds through both my first MP9 and my relatively new MP45. Both have behaved flawlessly. Last week I bought 2 additional MP9s to be my house guns. BOTH eject the casings right back into my face using WWB and Rem. UMC.

I will be dropping them off at S&W this week to be fixed and I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
One of my 9mm Fullsize's is getting shipped tomorrow evening, for "ejecting back into the face". I'll post the report once i get it back.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Re: Need report on returning gun to S&W for casings ejec

ted1trading said:
Last week I bought 2 additional MP9s to be my house guns. BOTH eject the casings right back into my face using WWB and Rem. UMC.
I'll tell you what I told the last guy...shoot them more and give them a chance to break in. If that doesn't take care of it then send them back to S&W.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I shoot my fullsize 9 without any problems with brass hitting.My wife shoots it and about 5 out of 10 rounds come straight back at her.I haven't figured out why yet but its got to be the way she is holding it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have about 1,500 rounds through my MP9. I also experienced cases in the face the whole time, so for me, breaking it in did not help.

I did send it to S&W and am expecting it back any day now. I'll post a report as soon as it gets here!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was having this same problem, but after about 150 rounds, the problem seemed to work itself out. I've now probably got...300 rounds or so through my M&P9 full-size. I haven't had a single problem in at least 150 rounds...probably more. I dunno what the problem was early on, but now the weapon is ejecting all ammo correctly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My MP45 was sending about 1 in 3 or 4 casings into my face for the first 200 or so rounds but has been flawless since then with about 800+ rounds now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My M&P9 has been great from round 1 even though ALL I shoot in it is reloads

but my P226 is having erratic ejection problem...

so I'm just wondering what does S&W do to fix it? new extractor? ejector?

·
Registered
319 Posts
strange. Mine never threw case back at me. But lately, i've been noticing few hits me on my head..

But since ejecting spent case back at me is minor issue compares to not ejecting, So i 'm not too worry about it

·
Registered
512 Posts
http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

Check this thread out; I had the same problem with mine. I waited until I was over 1k rounds and multiple shooters to rule out the obvious weak grip issues. Smith replaced the extractor and it is now 100% fixed. 500 rounds later, runs beautifully with no issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received my M&P9 back from S&W yesterday. It took them exactly 2 weeks to get it back to me from the day I dropped it off at Fedex. By the way, I emailed their customer service, and they sent me a return authorization number so that I could send it right away at their cost. I didn't have to wait for them to ship me a label, but I did have to drop it off at the main FedEx location at the airport.

Anyway, their letter showed that they had replaced the ejector and barrel, and that it had tested normal. So, I took it to the range today, and I didn't notice any difference in how it ejected. It still threw a couple cases from each mag on my head. Oh well, I'm still quite satisfied with everything else about my M&P, and I always wear a hat when I shoot.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yea, i've caught hot casings with my eye in almost every semi that I've shot...

M&P45

Glock 17

Glock 19

Bersa Thunder 380 (well, i think it rebounded off of the net next to me and then hit me)

Kimber

My AR15 LOVES to dumb hot brass down my shirt and/or my shoe, but that is usually from rebounds

What was the major issue with all of the pistols? None had over 300 shots in them when this was going on... so just keep breaking in the weapon, and you should be good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Grimwulff said:
Yea, i've caught hot casings with my eye in almost every semi that I've shot...

M&P45

Glock 17

Glock 19

Bersa Thunder 380 (well, i think it rebounded off of the net next to me and then hit me)

Kimber

How do you like the 380? I wanna get one.

PS what would they do anyways if you send it back??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
chilewhat said:
How do you like the 380? I wanna get one.

I like it. It is extremely accurate and a fun little gun. No problems imo, but I like my M&P 45s

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back my 2 M&Ps from S&W

The repair slip says they replaced the slide on one, and on the other they replaced the slide AND did a "barrel modification." I really wish they would elaborate.

Will do a range test this weekend and keep you all informed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts