MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so i have decided that i want to get a .308 bolt action rifle. i have narrowed down to all black synthetic stock and either a blue or stainless barrel. i also want to stay under $400. my three choices are the remington 770, mossberg 100 atr, and a savage model 10 (its a 30-06). all three come with factory mounted scopes. this is mainly going to be a plinker. i may take it hunting later. i was all sold on the remington or mossberg, but a trip to wally world swayed me to look at the model 10. a savage rifle with a mounted scope for only $365. i wish it was in .308, but 30-06 could do. anyway any input with these guns, or any other brands. this will be my first rifle. so im not going all out on price.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Maybe Used???

My suggestion is to check with local pawn shops, gun stores for a first rifle you have a chance of finding a remington 700 with a decent scope on or equal quality and at a used price my first rifle was a browning a-bolt 25-06 with a golden antler scope real nice setup i paid about 475. sometimes used quality is better than new mediocre just my .02 good luck brother and dont forget pics...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I used to own a Savage Arms 10FP with the Accu-trigger, it was simply awesome straight out of the box. The best thing was about selling it was that I sold to a buddy... Now I get to fire it almost every weekend on his dime...
You can not beat Savage Arms for quality and price, possibly the Remington 700, but that I would say is a even a tough comparison...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts