MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? I'd like to buy something in 165 grains, maybe order 1k or 1500 rounds. I'm currently shooting Remington UMC and its pretty dirty, but seems slightly more accurate then WWB.

Whats a good practice ammo that rather accurate, not too dirty, and won't blow my gun up? and where should I order it from?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
best prices i have found on bulk are from natchez. J&G sales is also sometimes competitive.

More or less, stay away from american ammunition (amerc headstamp). Anything from federal, american eagle, sellier&bellot, blazer, remington, winchester should be ok. Heck even wolf isn't bad for plinking IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out Cheaper Than Dirt on the web. Their Sellier and Bellot ammo is first rate and reasonable priced. They also put out an excellent catalog. I have found their prices hard to beat. Natchez is usually fairly reasonable. Shipping will hurt. I hate to send anyone there, but evil Wal Mart has Blazer Brass for $8.75/ box. The problem w/ them is they only have a couple in stock usually.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The shipping isn't bad at Natchez. I just ordered 1200 rounds from them and shipping was about $20.

·
Registered
115 Posts
hmm

At one time http://www.aimsurplus.com had some good deals.. Not sure as i've been reloading last couple of years.

I had bought some S&B 40 s&w from them..

You could try Atlatna Arms, or Precision Delta ..

Local guns show's generally have folks selling ammo.

good luck.

Jeff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
http://www.miragetechnologies.net/

has speeer lawman ammunition. I like the lawman ammo because it is a full power load. This makes the transition between the practice ammo and your self defense ammo.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
RogueAussie said:
try ammoman.com he has some good prices

Ammoman...not exactly a good place to do business, as long as things run smoothly he's not too bad, but if you have any kind of a problem, his standard customer service is to cuss you out and then hang up on you. Here's a few comments from his customers, this is a small sample:

I won't buy from ammoman again because of his misrepresentation of ammo he was selling as new production that was not. Also his terrible attitude when I questioned him about it sealed the deal for me. If you ask Eric about it his response will follow this basic format: You're an idiot, you must be young, your account here is closed, we've blocked your email address, don't ever contact us or try to purchase anything from us again.

The M855 he is selling now is PD, you can see it on the box if you look at the pictures.

Just because he says free shipping doesn't mean it's not added into the price of the ammo. Believe me, he is not losing money on shipping costs. That is a ruse to fool the feeble minded (quote from a Leslie Nielson movie, Dracula, Dead and Loving it).

Some people have had good dealings with Ammoman in the past (myself included). The problems come if anything goes wrong. Then, almost without fail, it's a completely different story. His prices are not good enough to take a chance on a major screwing if something goes awry.

------------------------

Staff was pretty much on his arse RIGHT after the SKS incident. They gave him a chance to make it right, and he didn’t. His dealer account was locked shortly thereafter.

For the Staff to lock his account and LOSE the money Ammoman was paying says a lot about the site protecting OUR best interests.

If you said anything bad about ammoman you would get dog piled. His shipping deal is a rip off, the more you buy in one order the more you get screwed. i was done with him when i asked him if he would deduct shipping if i picked it up at his door, he called me stupid and hung up on me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts