MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my neighbor come over and complain about my dogs. We leave the 1 1/2 year old doberman mix tied up outside during the day while we are at work and have been doing so since we moved here about 8 months ago. She said that he barks constantly but when we leave he doesnt bark when we pull up and cannot see us pull up he doesnt bark. She threatened me with a noise ordinance I cannot locate it on-line and I am pretty sure it specifies certain times. Every once in a while our daughter will let him loose to be funny then he runs around for a while then hes home again.. She owns a couple little ankle biters who occasionally come on our yard and nothing said.. Some people just want to piss me off on a Saturday

·
Registered
49 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
I just had my neighbor come over and complain about my dogs. We leave the 1 1/2 year old doberman mix tied up outside during the day while we are at work and have been doing so since we moved here about 8 months ago. She said that he barks constantly but when we leave he doesnt bark when we pull up and cannot see us pull up he doesnt bark. She threatened me with a noise ordinance I cannot locate it on-line and I am pretty sure it specifies certain times. Every once in a while our daughter will let him loose to be funny then he runs around for a while then hes home again.. She owns a couple little ankle biters who occasionally come on our yard and nothing said.. Some people just want to piss me off on a Saturday

I'm gonna have to side with your neighbor on this one. The neighbors behind me had some dogs that would bark all day and all night. It's the most annoying sound to hear damn dogs barking all the time. I sent them a real shithole letter and they ended up getting rid of the dogs. I have a small dog and if she is outside and I hear her bark I'll call her in because I don't want to be the annoying neighbor. It only takes one bad neighbor to ruin the neighborhood. That's my view on it.

Be a kind neighbor and put an antibark collar on your dog.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me I know how annoying dogs can be. But this being a first time you dont come over threatening me with noise ordinance and if you do you better tell me what part of the ordinance I am breaking and furnish me with that said "ordinance" If we noticed the dogs barking then we would have fixed it way before coming to my house 8 months after I move in telling me theres a problem really doesnt convince me. I need a lot more proof than my senior citizen neighbor coming over and telling me with an attitude that my dog is breaking town ordinance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a neighbor that left their dog out all day. It got to the point where we had to call the cops to do something about the noise, because the neighbors wouldn't do anything about it, and that dog barked ALL day.

They dog is no longer outside when the neighbors aren't home.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have no neighbors, living near people suck. But I do have a contsant flow of deer in my yard, with the occasional black bear, turkeys, coyotes, and small stuff.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jason, I would call my local cop shop and ask about this noise ordnance. But I will tell you this, it is most likely that your neighbor is in the right, maybe not coming off that way, but if I had a dog barking all day and night I would be upset with that guy too. Either way be polite to your neighbors and acknowledge that your dogs are being a nuisance and you will do your best to rectify the problem. If you dont do something about your barking dogs, you could either be ticketed, or the animals could at worst be taken form you, so dont take their complaints lightly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Okay, dumb question, but why not just leave the dog in the house? It can bark in there all day if it wants to and no one will hear it.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
jamesr said:
I have no neighbors, living near people suck. But I do have a contsant flow of deer in my yard, with the occasional black bear, turkeys, coyotes, and small stuff.

Those City folk don't know what problems are do they jamesr. I seem to have the same set of problems as you with the addition of Elk herds.

My dog barks her head off whenever the Bear, Cougar or Coyote's come around. She's not quite so bad with the Elk, Deer and an occasional Antelope.

:twisted:

·
Registered
154 Posts
unfortunately, "the nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it's the seriousness of the charge that matters."

my father owns a black dog that, one day ran out of the yard and visited the neighbor's as they came home. There may or not have been some licking. The dog almost never leaves the yard and quickly returned home when my father yelled for him to come back.

the next day the dog warden came to investigate the "vicious black lab" that was reported. The officer admitted that such a statement sounded like an oxymoron, but regardless, the poor dog hasn't been allowed outside without a leash for over 4 years now at the risk of him being taken away.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
rswaz said:
Okay, dumb question, but why not just leave the dog in the house? It can bark in there all day if it wants to and no one will hear it.

BINGO

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sorry I have to side with the neighbors on this one. My neighbors have a large mutt that starts barking at 6am every morning when they leave for work and doesn't take a break until around 9:30-10am. Then starts up again when the kids get out of school around 2pm and it doesn't shut up until the owner gets home around 4pm. Then when the owner puts it out to do its business around 10 it doesn't stop barking until around 11:30pm. I've spent hundreds of dollars blocking up my windows with sound proofing because it's the only way I can get any sleep. The @#$% neighbors don't give a rat's ass and won't do a thing. It's simple keep it inside or buy a no-barking collar to train it manners.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish it was as easy as leaving him in the house..we got him as a stray and leaving him in the house equals lots of damage. We tried putting him in the back instead of the front today I think he only barks when he sees someone or something. As I stated b4 I hate annoying unbehaved dogs and we just found out today about barking I am dealing with the neighbor as polite as possible and will do what I can to find out about any ordinance laws. If I am in the wrong believe me it will get fixed. But like I said you cannot threaten for the first time just let me know and I will take care of it..

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jason, is your toy poodle really that vicious?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morgan Walker said:
Jason, is your toy poodle really that vicious?

The only way I would own a toy poodle if it was in one of my other dogs stomach

I hate ankle biters.... I like my medium sized dogs... :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Bubba said you like any type of dog... :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Morgan Walker said:
Bubba said you like any type of dog... :wink:

Thats funny I used to have a bulldog mix and his name was bubba

·
Registered
660 Posts
While I do understand your neighbors complaint I don't respect them for the way they handled it. They could have just been polite and asked nicely that you keep your dog from barking as much. I hate it when people always have to follow up with a threat. How big is the dog? I've got a very large cage (two very small dogs) and now there is no damage to my home when I'm at work. But if he's already full size you might not be able to cage him. Good luck with finding something that works before your neighbors get too crazy.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fire1 said:
While I do understand your neighbors complaint I don't respect them for the way they handled it. They could have just been polite and asked nicely that you keep your dog from barking as much. I hate it when people always have to follow up with a threat. How big is the dog? I've got a very large cage (two very small dogs) and now there is no damage to my home when I'm at work. But if he's already full size you might not be able to cage him. Good luck with finding something that works before your neighbors get too crazy.

thanks I am going to build him a house and a lot of extras to accompany him if that dont work I dont know what will

·
Registered
20 Posts
god! what people have nothing better to do than to complain about a dog barking!

here in my town you have to be quiet at 9:30 pm - 6 am anytime not in those hours is free game. dogs, jackhammers, music whatever

worst comes to worst your neighbor has things you can file complaints about to i bet u

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds just like those bad teachers at the school " your little Johnny is a problem child, he barks all day and bites and the other childern" No, can't be my little Johnny, he's a prefect little angel when he's at home..... Maybe you should do something with the dog,, it just may end up with a tummy ache or a bullet in its head some day when you are not home, not saying the people next door would do that, but things do happen,,,, Set a recorder outside for the day, you will hear what they hear.... Use your head, your not home to hear what goes on during the day... And she's probable been putting up with this since you have had the dog, so, she's got the right to compliant.

And, she's just letting you know that if you do not do something about it,,,, she will....better listen...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts