MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought myself a S & W, 442 for a birthday present today for stylish warm weather wear. Just nine days early but what the heck. My wife has a 642 so I bought the 442 so we wouldn't have two guns alike.

From looking at other posts in this forum, it looks like the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster works fine. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought a 442-2 a cupla hours ago...

I stopped by my local LGS to "jus' look" to see if they had any 642's in stock...

I spotted the 442, decided I liked it better, ( I guess I must have a thing for black guns)...

Anyhoo, bought it home, cleaned it, spot or two of FP-10 strategically applied and ready for a trip to the range...

Anxious to see what kinda recoil that lil' J-frame exhibits wit' +P loads...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My wife carries a PC 442 with laser grips in a Bulman Gunleather pocket holster. That is one sweet little carry package. I steal it from her anytime I need to go light.

Her's is very easy to manage with the Speer Gold Dot +Ps.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just bought a 442 myself, it has the Crimson Trace lasergrip on it. Great carry gun, lots of recoil though

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 442. Love that little gun. I carry it in a Milt Sparks VM2 most of the time. I've found that bending over, and trying to make it print, it still prints less than some of my other carry peices when I'm standing normal!

I carry extra rounds in Bianchi Speed strips. Always one strip in my weak side pocket, and ussualy have either a second strip in the truck, or extra pocket depending on dress.

I picked up a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for it, for quick trips to the store, etc... It's not my prefered method of carrying the 442, but it serves it's purpose just fine, for a decent price (under $20 shipped!).

·
Registered
42 Posts
TxPhantom said:
Just bought myself a S & W, 442 for a birthday present today for stylish warm weather wear. Just nine days early but what the heck. My wife has a 642 so I bought the 442 so we wouldn't have two guns alike.

From looking at other posts in this forum, it looks like the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster works fine. Any other suggestions?

Here are a couple of quotes from other users on another forum about a Mika Pocket Holster. From the research I have done, this would be the best bet!

Mika pocket holsters. Exactly what you are asking for. The holster absolutely stays put and I can re-holster with one hand. Mr. Mika is a real pleasure to do business with.

www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

DeSantis has a new, even stickier, version of the Nemesis out. Can't remember what they're calling it, but I'm sure it's on their site.

I would nevertheless recommend Robert Mika's fine work. I've used all sorts of pocket holsters for a couple of decades now (including both Uncle Mike's and DeSantis Nemesis and hard leather), and I'm happiest with Mr. Mika's work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts