MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my brand new 45 to a local IDPA match. I really like how it shoots. The problem I had was when I went to slide lock and did a may change I would slam the new mag in . At that point the slide would end up going forward by it self but would not seat the bullet completely I am no sure if the mag was fully seated either? So the slide would be out of battery so slightly. This happened about 3/4 of the time. I usually shoot a G34 so maybe it is user error.

But I was curious if anyone else had this problem.

Jan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not mind it except the round is not fully seated. I think what might be happening is that the mag is not all the way in when the slide goes forward. So it probably is because of me?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Midas said:
I would not mind it except the round is not fully seated.
Not fully seated where?

I think what might be happening is that the mag is not all the way in when the slide goes forward. So it probably is because of me?
Generally when this happens, the slide does not release until the mag makes it to the end of the road because it is the jarring action that causes the slide to release. If the mag is not all the way in the magwell when the slide releases then there might be a problem.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Midas said:
I would slam the new mag in .

Therein lies part or all of your problem. No need to slam a mag into a gun with the slide locked back. That is what is causing the slide to release. It may also be what is causing the out of battery condition as there may be upward pressure from the mag causing the slide to drag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts