MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...just bought a new .45 M&P. I will pick it up in 10 days (waiting period in CA) and was wondering if I need to perform a cleaning on it before I take it to the range. Also what is used? Break Clean CLP OK? or is there something better...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Its generally a good idea although not absolutely necessary. When you're breaking in a new pistol, you want to know that if it has issues its not simply because its full of gunk from the factory. Start fresh - clean and lube according to the manual before hitting the range for the first time.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Like Chooch says, and yes Break Free CLP is excellent. Also expect that heavy trigger to lighten up and smooth out a lot in about 200rds.

So where in the People's Republic are you? I'm out in the IE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi neighbor...I'm in SW Riverside County...I think that's considered IE also. Since I'm a little farther south, I do most of my range shooting at Iron Sights in Oceanside. People there are really courteous, professional, and a few of them are real knowledgeable. Have you done any shooting at Riverside Magnum? I did a few times but haven't gotten back there for a few months. Nice meeting you and shoot safely.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and by all means, YES, clean it and look for defects however unlikely and I don't know about Cali but in America, CLP(Breakfree) is good along with Tetra Lube, grease or oil but there are many other good ones but those are my two favorites.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I would clean it well with Breakfree or similar CLP. Lube generously for the break in period. A combination of grease with a drizzle of oil on top would be good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is a fine .45. Better than most 1911 for sure. You may not here this much from 1911 owners because most will not admit that the thousands they paid for the 1911's in there collection are not really that good after all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i clean my polymer pistols like once every 2,000 rounds. Sometimes before a match or something i'll just drop some motor oil in the rails of the slide where they contact the frame, but rarely do i clean it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts