MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend go to the SHOT show and looked at the new M&P 9 with a 5 inch barrel. I'm thinkin' this is just the ticket for USPSA Production. Supposedly available mid-year. Anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wilsoncreek said:
Had a friend go to the SHOT show and looked at the new M&P 9 with a 5 inch barrel. I'm thinkin' this is just the ticket for USPSA Production. Supposedly available mid-year. Anyone else heard anything?

The one he saw at SHOT is just a Performance Center Prototype, this is by no means what you might see as a Production gun, but if the PC does the gun too, it might look like this!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, very sexy. Like the blonde bard on TV says, "I don't understand it but I totally want it."

·
Registered
505 Posts
i would doubt that they would, since its more designed as a competition pistol

·
Registered
533 Posts
mad212 said:
its missing my favorite fish scales on the slide though

read between the lines on my post, "This is only a Prototype thrown together by the Performance Center for the SHOT Show."

Y

·
Registered
372 Posts
ysued said:
[quote name='mad212']its missing my favorite fish scales on the slide though

read between the lines on my post, "This is only a Prototype thrown together by the Performance Center for the SHOT Show."

Y[/quote]

Let me translate...

ysued said
ysued said:
but if the PC does the gun too
That means S&W is definitely coming out with the 5" but PC may not be making one.

Of course... aren't the fish scales a Performance Center hallmark? If that is the case, then he might just be saying that any PC version will have the fish scales and that the straight lines were made to get it out the door quickly for the SHOT show.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I see my next Production gun when it becomes available and eligible for the division.. I luv my standard Full Size and the 5 inch barrel should be just the ticket. Put one of Dan's comp trigger jobs and an FO sight and those B class shooters better watch out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
MI_Jester said:
[quote name='ysued'][quote name='mad212']its missing my favorite fish scales on the slide though

Y[/quote]

Let me translate...

ysued said
ysued said:
but if the PC does the gun too
That means S&W is definitely coming out with the 5" but PC may not be making one.

Of course... aren't the fish scales a Performance Center hallmark? If that is the case, then he might just be saying that any PC version will have the fish scales and that the straight lines were made to get it out the door quickly for the SHOT show.

MI_Jester[/quote]

Yes, this gun was put together quickly for SHOT Show, Nobody knows what it's going to look like when it comes out. I was told that the Pro shooters are going to have a lot of input into what the Pro Series guns are going to be. This particular prototype didn't have "ANY" of the features that I thought the Pro series would have, so IMHO, this was just that, a Prototype to tease us into a buying frenzy.

It worked, I want one!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wilsoncreek said:
I think I see my next Production gun when it becomes available and eligible for the division.. I luv my standard Full Size and the 5 inch barrel should be just the ticket. Put one of Dan's comp trigger jobs and an FO sight and those B class shooters better watch out.

I have a feeling that this gun (Pro Series) might come with a Fiber Optic Front Sight from the factory. Hey, when this gun hits the street, I might have my B card!! Let's do it!!
I love good competition, it helps me to improve and to push myself.

Y

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The same for me. Good natured competition is a good skill builder. And the right tools, of course. My Production percentage is my lowest but now, with my M&P, I'm thinking that's going to change. By the way, Ysued, did you hear that Area 3 is going to be at Rolla, probably in October?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yesss!! Manny told me!! I asked him just in case we needed to get Columbia ready for another Area 3!! You know I'm going to run the USPSA Matches in Columbia right??

Trust me, I'll be there with my M&P, and by then i hope to have my B card, I'm going to hit the cassifiers hard this season, both in Columbia and Jeff City.

·
Registered
36 Posts
S&W just released their 2007 catalog. Has a section called Pro series shows a 686 ssr . On the side it list an M & P coming in that series

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes, I saw that at SHOT.

It's coming, I never said it wasn't.

I said that it will come out, but... It might not look like the sample at SHOT.

Y

E

·
0 Posts
Umm so Pro series means more for competition shooting, rather than tactical shooting, or is it just our M&P's upgraded to version 2.0?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I cant wait i want the pro series now!!

Any word if it will be chambered for .40s&w !

I was thinking on buying a eaa witness limited elite but when i saw
the pro series that will be my next handgun purchase.. come on Smith&Wesson

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just read a post on another thread that said the Pro (5 inch) version is actually going to be only 4.5". Just a quarter inch longer than the full size. Don't know that it will be long enough to offer any advantage. Might have to reconsider waiting for the Pro....What am I saying! As soon as it comes out I'll have to have one. I'm weak, I admit it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts