MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to visit the annual sale at the local Shoot Straight range today and lo and behold, there were S&W reps there doing free trigger jobs (caveat, only on revolvers, not on any semi-autos, and of course only on those purchased today).

Anyway, they said that their NEW promo just started today, consisting of the same 2 FREE Mags plus an addition $50 rebate (sorry, not taken off the top) for Sigmas and M&Ps purchased.

I left the card in the car, but I believe the deal runs through some point in January.

The fine print says that it's value is approx. $132 -- figuring $82/2=$41 per mag + $50 rebate.

Anyway, save those receipts. Not sure if the range bag offer is still going on.

They had the M&P45s at $499 and the 40s and 9s at $479. No budging on the price whatsoever, sadly, given the heft of the new S&W discount.

Looking at another M&P9 would be $512.53 with tax. The mags and $50 rebate would make that worthwhile, but I still keep drifting back to when I got my first M&P9 for $369 at Bud's.

Well, let me know what you think and if you find any better deals, since this is a S&W direct rebate, it should be good at any authorized reseller.

Cheers!

Cet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is great news for my credit card company.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Shoot straight has always been high, I think they sell the m&p for $699 or $599 every other day of the week. I just wait till the gun show and they trick them into thinking their comp gave me a great deal and they always match it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: New $50 Rebate & 2-Mag Offer From S&W on M&P

cet said:
They had the M&P45s at $499 and the 40s and 9s at $479. No budging on the price whatsoever, sadly, given the heft of the new S&W discount.

Looking at another M&P9 would be $512.53 with tax. The mags and $50 rebate would make that worthwhile, but I still keep drifting back to when I got my first M&P9 for $369 at Bud's.

As I said before, not a bad price especially for the M&P45, given the extras, but with some folks reporting the M&P9 on sale for $419, man-oh-man, that would be a SWEET deal.

So I ask again, if it can be had in hand from a local retailer for less that $512.53 with tax, or from out-of-state for less than $512.53 with shipping and FFL transfer fees.

Optimally, I'd like to work a price that's close to the $400 mark after factoring in the $50 rebate.

I'm sure it CAN be done, but will probably take a bit of luck and tenacity!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: New $50 Rebate & 2-Mag Offer From S&W on M&P

cet said:
Anyway, they said that their NEW promo just started today, consisting of the same 2 FREE Mags plus an addition $50 rebate (sorry, not taken off the top) for Sigmas and M&Ps purchased.

I checked with S&W today via the 1 800 and they stated that they have no info about what the new reload rebate will be. Only that it will be changing starting the 1st of next month. One can only assume it will get better. Just the same, I am waiting till the first before I make an purchase.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't know about the M&P, but Nov 1 - Dec 31 you get a DeSantis holster and mag pouch if you buy an SW 1911. So, if they're offering something for the 1911, I'd think they'd offer something good for the M&P, too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys,

I just went to the S&W web site and it has a offer

for 2 free mags, but nothing about the $50.00 rebate.

I just purchased my new M&P 40c today.

$449.00 + tax Sacramento, CA

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey cet.

I just got off the phone with S&W and they have no idea about any 2 mags + $50.00 rebate offer.

Do you know who the rep was and do you get a business card from him.

They are telling me that the 2 free mags is the only thing going right now.

Thanks

Ken

gunpacker

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gunpacker said:
Hey cet.

I just got off the phone with S&W and they have no idea about any 2 mags + $50.00 rebate offer.

Do you know who the rep was and do you get a business card from him.

They are telling me that the 2 free mags is the only thing going right now.

Thanks

Ken

gunpacker

Ken,

I don't have the reps names, but the cards they were handing out said the official start date is Nov 1 ... so I'm guessing when they said "It starts today" they were probably factoring in a 3 business day wait on the purchase.

Any "who", if it's not overtly public on Nov 1st, I'll post an image of the card they gave me.

That's the best I can do!

Gotta LOVE S&W ...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got notice from my distributor a couple days ago about the 2 free mags and $50 rebate. It is a real deal, and sounds like a good one. Runs from Nov 1, 2007 through Jan 31, 2008. I even have the form that you fill out and send in, I am guessing it will show up on the S&W web page Nov 1.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We all love free stuff and a discount but reading between the lines it does not look good to see S&W constantly reinstating the free mag offer and then add a $50 rebate.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
pilotdane said:
We all love free stuff and a discount but reading between the lines it does not look good to see S&W constantly reinstating the free mag offer and then add a $50 rebate.
I could see where a person could make that deduction, but fact is S&W is having a hard time filling orders right now as they cannot keep up with the demand.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
I could see where a person could make that deduction, but fact is S&W is having a hard time filling orders right now as they cannot keep up with the demand.
Has anybody looked on Davidson's Gun Locater? The picking are sparse! I haven't seen a compact in their inventory in weeks. I have to agree with Dan on this one. I have have no idea why they are promoting a product when they can't hardly keep up with orders unless they just want to keep the excitement levels high.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They just keep sweetening the deal for me. I'll have my .45 paid off sometime after the 1st of Nov and before Jan. Hehe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Besides the $50 & 2 Free Mag deal , they have several AGGRESSIVE promos starting Nov 1 . Here are a couple .

How about a Sigma for $99 when you buy an M&P rifle , I-Bolt rifle or X-Frame ?

or

a $49 22A with purchase of a Model 1000 shotgun ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts