MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it and tired it out the 1st time today. It was great sighted it in at 25 yrds (back wall indoor range) and i can put the the one 9mm hole with 15 rounds(on a rest). I was shoot free hand and i was able to get very good grouping i would say it cut the size in half from the standard sights. Now about an inch free hand at 25 yrds.

edit: i asked my girl friend who was reluctant to tell me that it was a replica but after telling her that i dont care that it was and i am glad she saved her money. She told me it was. Oh well i am still happy with it.

Adam

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't have one, but I shot a guy's suppressed AR-15 at an indoor range one day with one, and loved it! He also had a 3x's magnifier. I have a new EOtech 553 that I've never mounted or used, but after using the AIMpoint I kind of wish I got one of those.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i love it, it was a gift my girl friend got me. Now i just wish i could shoot my M&P was accurately as the 9mm AR lol. I know i am asking for a lot lol

Adam

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i had to guess i would say clone since she only paid 125 for it new. But it did come in a real aimpoint box and does have trade marks on it. So i am kink of lost. If it is a clone which i assume it is, it is one of the best ones i have seen. I had one like this off ebay with the white lettering that was made for airsoft and it was crap and would not hold a Zero but this one worked great. The reason i think it is a clone is due to the white lettering i dont think they come that way, but i am unsure. Either way i am happy with it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Adam500 said:
If i had to guess i would say clone since she only paid 125 for it new. But it did come in a real aimpoint box and does have trade marks on it. So i am kink of lost. If it is a clone which i assume it is, it is one of the best ones i have seen. I had one like this off ebay with the white lettering that was made for airsoft and it was crap and would not hold a Zero but this one worked great. The reason i think it is a clone is due to the white lettering i dont think they come that way, but i am unsure. Either way i am happy with it.

Yeah the price and white lettering is a dead giveaway.

Anywho, as long as it holds 0 have fun. Looks good.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's crazy that people can seel them with someone else's name on them....

I think that's a crime.

I want a aimpoint with the 3X magnifier so badly but I have the wrong job or something...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think on this clone they bought the copyright from aimpoint to use it on this clone under the condition that it was in white lettering. Because it comes in a factory aimpoint box to and it says that it is rated for any caliber up to 308 and it is submersible to 25 ft. For the money, i might have to buy another one when i get my AR in 223.

Adam

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just asked here where she got it and she said at a gun show a while back. She told me that they had acog replicas too for 250. It was a booth with nothing but replica scopes and she can not remember the name of the company. I will have to head out to the local gun shows and see if i can find another one or i might even spring for an acog we will see.

Adam

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is an oly upper 11.5" with 5.5" Flash hider. I really like it i almost sold it a while back on the forums but i just could not do it. Never had a problem with it all the people told me how bad Oly was but once i got it i found them sadly mistaken. No problems at all with this rifle.

Adam

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I want a aimpoint with the 3X magnifier so badly but I have the wrong job or something...

I love my Aimpoint M2, with 3x Mag... I have tried EoTech's and several other make models of red dots, but this takes the cake...
Show off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The mount is one of the clone Aimpoint mounts. I've heard people getting good results from the "clonepoints" but I dont know if I would trust one as a "go to" sight. For the record I have an Aimpoint M2, C3, and an Eotech 551 and 512.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
johndoe1027 said:

I love my Aimpoint M2, with 3x Mag... I have tried EoTech's and several other make models of red dots, but this takes the cake...
Show off.

You're oh so wrong.... :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts