MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm not new to firearms in general. I've just never had a polymer striker fired handgun before. Next week I'll be picking up a new M&Pc 9mm. The main purpose of it will be for carry and I want some of the common ware parts laying around so that I can fix anything that may break right away rather than having to send it in or wait for parts.

Any ideas about what I should get to keep on hand?

Also, what springs need to be replaced and how often?

Thanks in advance for your replies

·
Registered
210 Posts
You question truly depends on how well you know how to fix a gun. S&W has a full warranty on their guns, so technically you could just send it in and have them fix it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you for the repy. I understand what you mean and I should have mentioned it in the original question. I can detail strip (and put back togeather :wink: )my sigs if that gives you an idea. I'm just looking for the basic parts that need to be replaced with ware or that have a tedency to break leaving the gun inoperable. Examples that I'm thinking are: Springs, pins, and the stricker. If there was a larger problem then those, I would probibly send it into S&W. I'm just trying to avoid that if possible. Maybe I should just get a second one :wink: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Eichen, I'm certainly no gunsmith, but I would say an extra striker, springs and pins would serve you well. I just got the 9c not to long ago, but my experience with the full size has proven it to be very reliable. Picking up a spare is not a bad idea either. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts