Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen or held any of these?

They look pretty sweet.

Left Hander friendly :wink:

What do you think?

·
Registered
380 Posts
i'm not overly fond of most short handles on compacts.

however, i have held it (and it's full-size version) and it was comfortable for a compact. i'd buy the full if i took one of these though. this comes down to your preferences though...

changable backstraps, and other nice features... but it's just not a M&P!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
FoxMulder said:

They look pretty sweet.

What do you think?

No, I have not yet seen these available for sale yet.

The new Walther PPS, though, has begun to ship to gun stores and get into the hands of new owners. And it is getting rave reviews everywhere. If one wanted a really thin compact 9mm, I think it would be the one to get.

Here is a view of the sights:

And another view of the gun in a hand:

Here is a great review of it on Gunblast.com:

http://www.gunblast.com/Walther-PPS.htm

And another good one from Guns and Ammo magazine:

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/...herthin_091807/

There is even a new ppstalk.com forum online, for PPS owners to discuss the gun. New owners are truly going nuts over it.

And Smith and Wesson is acting as the importer and distributor for the handgun here in North America. You can even see in the photos that it has both the Smith & Wesson logo, in addition to the Walther logo on it.

Lance

·
Registered
380 Posts
i've checked out the walther as well... i havent fired it, but it didnt (to me, anyway) feel comfortable in my hand. the edges of it.

it is thin as hell, and would be great for carry...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Steelshooter said:
I don't know anyone with anything good to say about Beretta customer service. That alone would rule them out for me.

They seem to be very hit or miss. They have recently lost my faith over the ongoing issues with trigger sting in the full size PX4's in .40 S&W and .45 ACP. Rather than try to figure out the problem, Beretta's answer (to more than one person) was "wear gloves". That about did it for me. I own 4 Berettas and I was considering the subcompact -- but now I'm leaning toward the M&P 9C.

You'd think a company like Beretta would understand how important reputation is.

Jim

·
Registered
377 Posts
I shot 100 rounds through one. I loved it. I think I was more accurate with it than my M&P and there was not as much recoil.

I can't wait to get one!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The PX4 full size has a rotating barrel and does seem to have comparatively reduced recoil. However, the new compact has the traditional tilt barrel. The compact will shoot and recoil differently than the full size for that reason.....and of course the physical size.

Due to hit the shelves in April according to Beretta.[/quote]

·
Registered
58 Posts
FoxMulder said:

They look pretty sweet.

What do you think?

I haven't held the Sub-Compact but the standard PX4 is a very comfortable gun for me. I have shot a friend's and it is a very solid gun from Beretta. No where near as nice as the M9. I didn't like the 9000S from them. I had one it just didn't shoot well. The extended mag plate isn't all it is cracked up to be either. The 9000 had that too. Yeah it works ok but it also had a tendency to flip out while your carry it also. Now if it added a couple rounds like the Glock extenders do then it would be a different story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts