MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
because it's from Comp-Tac... i'll say, without even seeing in person, that this is a great holster.

I order various holsters from them, for each gun i have, and everytime i deal with them or their product... i get a renewed faith in product qaulity and customer service in this world.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Personally I like leather better, and don't mind paying more to get it. Leather protects the gun better, and is quiet. I cut the crap out of my hand the other day while trying out a Fobus.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TAC said:
Personally I like leather better, and don't mind paying more to get it. Leather protects the gun better, and is quiet. I cut the crap out of my hand the other day while trying out a Fobus.
Fobus is NOTHING like a kydex product from Comp-Tac.

·
Registered
163 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='TAC']Personally I like leather better, and don't mind paying more to get it. Leather protects the gun better, and is quiet. I cut the crap out of my hand the other day while trying out a Fobus.
Fobus is NOTHING like a kydex product from Comp-Tac.[/quote]

Isn't it plastic? Looks like it is. How does it differ?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you compared a kydex holster to a Fobus holster you'd see the difference. First, the Fobus is a $20 holster. The saying, "You get what you pay for" is certainly true in the world of holsters. The Fobus is made from cheap plastic. Kydex is a plastic but a completely different material than that found in the Fobus. Check out www.kydex.com. Kydex holsters are custom formed providing a better fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for adding one more thing to spend money on!!

I have a MTAC now and with the service I received from them I'll be spending more money with them.

I can honestly say I never bought a product online where I was sent an email at each stage of the process.

They are on top of it..

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wish Comp-Tac would make this MTAC in a combination so that it could be used both as IWB and OWB depending on which tabs/belt hooks the user added to it. Based on what this looks like compared to the pics of the IWB model on their website, I think they might be getting pretty close to accomplishing just that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
onebohemian said:
I wish Comp-Tac would make this MTAC in a combination so that it could be used both as IWB and OWB depending on which tabs/belt hooks the user added to it. Based on what this looks like compared to the pics of the IWB model on their website, I think they might be getting pretty close to accomplishing just that.

suggest it to them... if they like the idea, or see a market for it, I'm sure they'd make it.

they are also willing to consider custom designs.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am keeping my eye on this one!! I think it looks a good one.

Ron

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the heads up chooch...I ordered one along with the MTAC. Expect to see it sometime after the holidays. I will do my best to get a review of it posted.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Update to my post...the new holsters are inbound...WooHoo...what great service!

Also, if you want a visual on how well they fit, swing over to glock talk, they got some pics up.

Thanks again, Chooch!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They have them for the .45 now so I ordered one. will almost certainly be my new CCW holster. looking forward to getting it. i like the leather/kydex combination

1 - 15 of 15 Posts