MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the sickest episode of FW on Discovery.

If anyone was watching.......the 408 Sniper rifle, oh my f'n lordy!!!!! The sickest rifle I have ever witnessed, man o man o man. Quater size group at almost 1 mile 1/2......WOW

Anyway I got all exscited forgive me brothers.....lmao :twisted:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Watched that episode last night. Very nice tool for the militaries snipers.
I thought the Barret rifle was nice, but I think this has that one beat.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was wondering if anyone had watched it but me.....lol Yeah that was just sick!!!!

DixieThunder 24 said:
Watched that episode last night. Very nice tool for the militaries snipers.
I thought the Barret rifle was nice, but I think this has that one beat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
finalfusion said:
... Quater size group at almost 1 mile 1/2......WOW

I don't believe it was a quarter-size group.

The steel plate was about 2 feet tall by 1 foot wide and Mac got a group of three on the plate at 2700 yards.

The were about 1 foot away from one another, more or less, but damn fine shooting and performance at that distance.

I believe you may be thinking of the one he shot at 900 yards ... that group of three was very close together.

Given the performance characteristics of the weapon, ammunition, and targeting/ranging computer, you almost have to wonder just how much of a difference the shooter makes.

I'd love to see side-by-side comparisons of a professional sniper and "average joe" with such a high-performance weapon system.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, maybe I got a little over excited then......Yeah its amazing where sniper rifles are taking us, well nbot me I will never be able to afford something like the 408....lol But man its awesome watching! :wink:

cet said:
[quote name='finalfusion']... Quater size group at almost 1 mile 1/2......WOW

I don't believe it was a quarter-size group.

The steel plate was about 2 feet tall by 1 foot wide and Mac got a group of three on the plate at 2700 yards.

The were about 1 foot away from one another, more or less, but damn fine shooting and performance at that distance.

I believe you may be thinking of the one he shot at 900 yards ... that group of three was very close together.

Given the performance characteristics of the weapon, ammunition, and targeting/ranging computer, you almost have to wonder just how much of a difference the shooter makes.

I'd love to see side-by-side comparisons of a professional sniper and "average joe" with such a high-performance weapon system.[/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts