MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I purchased a new FDE M&P45 from Grant at G&R Tactical. I drove 3.5 hours from Cincinnati to pick it up. I have not fired it yet, but plan to do so on New Years Day with a friend at the outdoor range I belong to. My initial impression of the pistol is everything I hoped it would be. I chose to go with the medium back strap which fits my hand as though it was molded for it. I will post shooting impressions after my day at the range.

I typically shoot SIG's and Glocks to some extent, and am looking forward to putting rounds down range with the M&P. It feels to be a robust, and substantial fighting pistol. I am hoping the trigger will smooth out some over the first couple of hundred rounds. The M&P is the first polymer framed pistol that has really excited me since I started shooting Glocks. I have tried them all it seems... HK, SIG Pro, Steyr, S&W Sigma, Springfield XD45, Beretta, Ruger P345, Walther P99, etc. They have all worked when I pulled the trigger and shown exceptional to mediocre accuracy. I never really considered the M&P due to my impressions of the SIGMA, and other former Smith & Wesson semi-auto offerings. However when I picked up my first M&P I knew it was different. It fit me like it was personally made for me. I waited however to see how it would be received and liked by shooters. I decided that with the $50 rebate and 2 free magazine offering that the time was right to jump on this deal. I am glad I did.

Let me just go on to thank Grant publicly as he could not have been more helpful and kind with his knowledge and his time. I spent almost two hours in his shop discussing several issues, and he made me feel like a welcome customer. His knowledge of the Smith & Wesson M&P as well as the AR-15 platform is pretty comprehensive, and I was glad to hear his opinions on several other pistol brands as well. I only wish I had a shop locally that seemed to care about the shooting community as much as Grant seems to care. I can say that I will be shopping with my hard earned money with Grant again, and would highly recommend him to anyone that is thinking of purchasing a firearm or any firearm accessories.

Thanks Grant!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats!

I'm hoping that very soon I'll be able to join the club.

One thing I noticed, and maybe it's just your picture, but it looks like the frame/slide is a better fit on the front instead of the common drooping frame tolerances I've seen. I read somewhere that S&W said they had found a fix to an unspecified problem that would make an improvement to the accuracy. If this is the case then maybe the lasers will perform better now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm a little jealous... I went with the all black 45. I think my gun's a little jealous now too. Owell.. I guess I'll have to save my pennies to get the DE version too!! I wish.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man I feel lucky being only about an hour and 20 min. from Grants shop...I just recently picked up a M&P 45 (no safety) and M&P 9mm both w/ night sights from G&R..the free mags and $50 back on each was too much to pass up..plus Grant's pricing is great!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re: New FDE M&P45 owner here thanks to Grant @ G&R T

canucksvt said:
Last Friday I purchased a new FDE M&P45 from Grant at G&R Tactical. I drove 3.5 hours from Cincinnati to pick it up. I have not fired it yet, but plan to do so on New Years Day with a friend at the outdoor range I belong to. My initial impression of the pistol is everything I hoped it would be. I chose to go with the medium back strap which fits my hand as though it was molded for it. I will post shooting impressions after my day at the range.

I typically shoot SIG's and Glocks to some extent, and am looking forward to putting rounds down range with the M&P. It feels to be a robust, and substantial fighting pistol. I am hoping the trigger will smooth out some over the first couple of hundred rounds. The M&P is the first polymer framed pistol that has really excited me since I started shooting Glocks. I have tried them all it seems... HK, SIG Pro, Steyr, S&W Sigma, Springfield XD45, Beretta, Ruger P345, Walther P99, etc. They have all worked when I pulled the trigger and shown exceptional to mediocre accuracy. I never really considered the M&P due to my impressions of the SIGMA, and other former Smith & Wesson semi-auto offerings. However when I picked up my first M&P I knew it was different. It fit me like it was personally made for me. I waited however to see how it would be received and liked by shooters. I decided that with the $50 rebate and 2 free magazine offering that the time was right to jump on this deal. I am glad I did.

Let me just go on to thank Grant publicly as he could not have been more helpful and kind with his knowledge and his time. I spent almost two hours in his shop discussing several issues, and he made me feel like a welcome customer. His knowledge of the Smith & Wesson M&P as well as the AR-15 platform is pretty comprehensive, and I was glad to hear his opinions on several other pistol brands as well. I only wish I had a shop locally that seemed to care about the shooting community as much as Grant seems to care. I can say that I will be shopping with my hard earned money with Grant again, and would highly recommend him to anyone that is thinking of purchasing a firearm or any firearm accessories.

Thanks Grant!

Im in cleveland and currently have my bolt carrier with him to have the gas key staked.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I've been wondering why no one had thrown a black backstrap on one. Now you just need to switch out the mag baseplate and mag release. Looks good. I'm slowly getting sucked into the MP45 FDE vortex.

·
Registered
150 Posts
choochboost said:
I've been wondering why no one had thrown a black backstrap on one. Now you just need to switch out the mag baseplate and mag release. Looks good. I'm slowly getting sucked into the MP45 FDE vortex.

I requested that my two free mags from Smith have black baseplates. Now I'm just waiting on them to arrive. I may also order a couple black plates to replace the plates that are on the two mags that came with the gun when I call to order a black mag release.

Great minds and all. 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
tydephan said:
I requested that my two free mags from Smith have black baseplates. Now I'm just waiting on them to arrive. I may also order a couple black plates to replace the plates that are on the two mags that came with the gun when I call to order a black mag release.

That's exactly what I did. 4 plates and a release cost me all of $6.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts